Strange thing happened last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seniorcats wrote:
Just to be on the safe side you may want to consider gettingan alarm system. There are some really good wireless homealarm systems on the market that are not expensive. I justwouldn't want to take a chance with personal security. Thiscould be someone looking for the best time when you are alone or whenthe house is unoccupied. And do call the police non-emergencynumber to report the guy even if it's after the fact.
agreedfrown.gif

Even though I'm pretty sure the guy was hoping you'd hand him money,guys like that will also often have a secondary agenda re: casing thejoint, although it'sonly the stupid ones that will allowyouto see their faces.If you have a breakin, the cops always ask if any strangers have been knockingatyour door.

And not sure about your neighbourhood, but the cops here like to hearabout theseinstances. It's always worth filing areport with adescription.

sas
ph34r2-1.gif

THAT IS FLIPPIN SCARY! same thing happened at myfriends house he was home alone and a guy broke in his house!! we wereon the phone and he was so scared.. But his parents keep a crowbarishbat lookin thing in the closet by the door so he got it but by the timehe came down the guy had left with a portable tv... they caught him inabout 3 hours and about 5 months later.. SAME GUY came back trying tobreak in. Thank god his alarm thingy went off when he slammed the doorand the guy tried to force it open.. GET A BOTTLE OF PEPPER SPRAY!

The guy doesnt seem harmfull but just a CREEP! call the police to file a report or something.

Yeah, we're going to replace our front door, getan alarm system (all these old houses were built when it was safe toleave your doors open!) and I'll likely call the police today and filea report.

Thanks so much guys - I feel way better about things today.

;)

Here is a hint that was given to us.If your alarm system comes with a sticker to "warn" off the bad guysthat the house is protected. Do NOT put itup. Alot of the pros look at that and laugh as ittells them just how to disarm what's there. That came from acop friend of my dads.

nermal71 wrote:
Here is a hint that was given to us. If your alarmsystem comes with a sticker to "warn" off the bad guys that the houseis protected. Do NOT put it up. Alot ofthe pros look at that and laugh as it tells them just how to disarmwhat's there. That came from a cop friend of my dads.

Interesting! I never would have though of that, but it makesso much sense. People always say to put it up as a deterrant,but yeah.. you really are just broadcasting how they should go aboutbreaking in...

hmm.

Latest posts

Back