Strange experience

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliefolyfe

Reaction score
Something really weird just happened with Ollie. I woke up for a bit and was sitting in my bed drinking water when Ollie TORE into my room running as fast as she could making crying noises and went under my bed :( She then thumped her foot continuously for about 10 min while occasionally making crying sounds. I tried to look to see if she is ok but she thumped at me and looked scared. Any clue on what could have possibly happened?? :?

i dont mean to alarm or anything but i had some similarities between ollie and one of my previous buns cocaine he has epilepsy and we found out because he would do things like that on occasion where he would do the bunny scream and then hide in a safe spot eventually i did him go through some seizures and it was quite frightening. but maybe just keep an eye on ollie to see how she acts for the next few days maybe something just scared her or hurt her somehow? if she keeps up the crying i would just take her to a vet. things like that scare me and i run to the vet for all kinds of things.

Assuming that the rabbit does not have a neurological problem, something just freaked it out. Could be anything. Neurological problems are fairly common in rabbits bred far from the species norm, such as dwarfs.

Some very loud noises don't bother the lads, but some types of sounds just freak them out. No rhyme nor reason. Apparently munching on a ham sammich the other day freaked the lads out.

When out for their walks,the sound of 95%+ ofcars do not bother them. But the sound of some cars, loud or not, puts them on guard.

It's them big ears ya' know.

Nala gets freaked out sometimes by the sound of the house settling or something falling in another room where she can't figure out what happened - we'll be playing in the pen and all of a sudden, she'll tear off into the condo and go all the way up to the third floor where she feels safest.

Latest posts

Back