Stop Excessive clothes chewing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibribunbun

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a new mini lop and am quite used to the occasional clothes nibble (This is my 11th bun)

But this rabbit goes to the extreme, she has obliterated three t-shirts already.

She's got a gnawing multi block thing on a chain that she chews daily and she's not really bored either.
Her teeth are fine and she seems to want to be snuggled, so it's not pain or upset.

What can I do to stop her excessive chewing of my clothes?

Stop exposing her to your clothes. If she is especially drawn to fabric/worn clothes, you'll need to modify your interactions with her to reduce her ability to self-reinforce doing the behavior. You can also try redirecting the chewing energy in the moment by grabbing something for her to chew on instead, or providing enrichment that leans on that inclination so she can exhaust her need to do it elsewhere (like this: ).

Stop exposing her to your clothes. If she is especially drawn to fabric/worn clothes, you'll need to modify your interactions with her to reduce her ability to self-reinforce doing the behavior. You can also try redirecting the chewing energy in the moment by grabbing something for her to chew on instead, or providing enrichment that leans on that inclination so she can exhaust her need to do it elsewhere (like this: ).

Sounds like a plan. I can't not show her clothes though- I'm wearing the ones she chews lol.

Latest posts

Back