Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko Lee

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have two lionhead rabbits. They have an unlimited amount of Timothy Hay always. In the mornings while I do my daily routine I cut up some veggies for them and put them all together (no separate bowls) and I noticed that one of them tends to grab a veggie and hops off a bit annoyed to go eat it alone and eventually comes back and eats the rest together. Is she just being a drama queen or should I do something differently?

Hello! Welcome to the forum! Her hopping away doesn’t sound too problematic but if she doesn’t get any veggies it could be a dominance problem. If she hops away but comes to join back, i think she’s just being a little drama queen. My rabbit sometimes snatched a piece of lettuce and then runs away when I put his bow down but he always hops back and eats the rest seconds later. If you feel like, it’s starting to get problematic then you can feed them from different dishes.
I’d love to see a picture of your rabbits!

Welcome! It is normal for a rabbit to run away with his/her veggies. Theo is always doing that. I would put the veggies in different bowls so that both rabbits are getting veggies.

Hello! Welcome to the forum! Her hopping away doesn’t sound too problematic but if she doesn’t get any veggies it could be a dominance problem. If she hops away but comes to join back, i think she’s just being a little drama queen. My rabbit sometimes snatched a piece of lettuce and then runs away when I put his bow down but he always hops back and eats the rest seconds later. If you feel like, it’s starting to get problematic then you can feed them from different dishes.
I’d love to see a picture of your rabbits!
Thank you for your words! Yeah she usually comes back around, I think she's just being dramatic haha. But if it becomes an issue of dominance I'll give them separate bowls. Here's Gizmo & Indiko!

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-05-10.19.06.jpg
    PicsArt_04-05-10.19.06.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back