Still so anxious

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dungeonbunnies

Reaction score
It's taken me a couple of weeks to nail down what to do with my rabbits, so they don't die at my sister's house. Thankfully, my brother (where Artemis and Caerbannog came from) is willing to board them until I get a place. I'll be able to visit them, and if any medical issues arise, I can count on them to medicate. I know it sounds at odds with Caerbannog's original situation, but their rabbits are generally very healthy and well-cared for, plus, that they're all pets will make a big difference.

We're dropping them off this weekend, and I'm so anxious to see my babies again, even for a little while. I've missed them so much! :(

I'm really glad your brother will take them for a while! I'm sure that makes you feel a little better, as much as it sucks to get away from them.
And I'm glad he knows that they're pets! ;) lol

I'm relieved! And yes, I'd be fairly unbearable if he forgot the difference. >_>

Today's moving day for them. I'm so worried that I can't sleep. What kind of condition will they be in, did anyone clean their cages, remember to feed, water and bed them down on cold nights? Do I still have all 5? And will I have any trouble getting them out of there?

I'm worried about the car ride, since there's only 2 carriers and maybe a small tote. That still leaves 2 rabbits. Idk what to do.

If they are not jumpers (they will probably be too terrified to jump, anyways), then you can use a cardboard box. I used a cardboard box to transport Nikolai for his bunny date with Mischa. I know it's not the safest thing, but that is an alternative. (With the top open, of course).

You will be in our prayers for a safe trip for everyone. Do you know anyone - maybe a cat person - with a carrier you can borrow for just the day?

Good luck! Do you have someone who could ride in the passenger seat and hold one wrapped in a towel so he/she doesn't squirm and get loose? I know it's different, but when my pet taxi "went missing" (aka I think my stepsister thought mine was hers and took it) and one of my kitties was really sick, I wrapped him in a towel with his head out and had someone hold him in his while I drove the 10 minutes to the emergency vet.

Orrr, do you have a couple deep plastic storage bins you could use for transport? They would be waterproof and not chewable...and if you have any NIC grids you could ziptie them to the top for a breathable lid.

We found boxes.

When we got here, we noticed a cage missing, and Niambi was nowhere to be found. My sister said she'd died yesterday. I'm fighting off tears right now...

oh my gosh... that's horrible... :tears2: I can't believe those jerks couldn't keep her alive for another day!

Mike doesn't think she passed only yesterday, and I know it wasn't just an accident either. Bannog, Artemis, and Nemi were emaciated. Swiffer even lost weight, he wasn't as bony as the other three, but he was getting there. And if my NZ's were thin, I can only imagine how bad Niambi was! These are my easy keepers, I could throw anything in front of them, and they'd keep their weight. But Niambi would lose weight if she wasn't on purina complete.

ugh. makes me so sick that anyone could treat your bunnies that way! how can you look at a starving animal and not give it some food??

Because she doesn't even feed her own animals. Her horse starved to death over the summer because she couldn't afford to feed him. My aunt's pony that she's boarding there until she can build a fence for him is losing weight too.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I think you should call animal control or something about your sisters animals. Thats terrible. It takes a horse a really long time to starve to death. That horse suffered a long long time. You should call someone, you sister or not. I would be making all kinds of phone calls.

how the hell do you starve a horse to death? that's horrible, it's gotta take ages! how can you not know the horse NEEDS food (or any animal, for that matter). I'd be on the phone as well - if that's the way she treats animals, she doesn't deserve to have them. if it came right down to it and I had to choose, I'd feed my pets before I fed myself - at least I would have the ability to understand why my grumbling tummy was being denied; they would have no idea why they were being forced to suffer. if you can't afford to feed your pet then FFS, rehome them to someone who can!

The only problem is that this is a very delicate situation. I'm worried that if I call, someone will figure out it's me (there's a lot of things that only I would know), and I'm scared that my brother will get mad and kick my rabbits out of his place, and I have nowhere else to take them.

I know it sounds pathetic, but I'm trying to make sure my rabbits are safe and sound with me first before I do anything to put them at risk again. :(

And she had a pasture that was way too small, supporting the horse and 2 ponies. No hay or grain supplementing. I told her that he looked horrible and she lashed out at me for it.

This whole thing is just a huge uncomfortable mess, and I need to get myself and my herd sorted out first. :'(

Latest posts

Back