Still pooping and peeing on my bed and chsit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taco’s mom

Reaction score
Hi

My lop is 1 1/2 years old. A really good guy. He has his own room as well as free roaming about 12 hours a day. He uses his litter box but insists on pooping and peeing whenever he can finagle himself on my bed or living room chair. I immediately pick him and the poop up saying no and carry him to his litter box and leave him in his room for at least 30 minutes. I believe we are in a major power struggle. He is neutered and sees the vet every month to have his nails trimmed. Suggestions?

No suggestions. I've had my girl for 6 weeks. 3 weeks in she was fantastic about her potty behavior and only went in the litter box. The last week is now back to square one pooping all over and peeing in certain corners. She isn't fixed yet. She turns 6 months on the 27th and that is when she'll transition her diet to adult and get set up to be fixed. Personally I don't really care too much. Animals do what they do and she's a sweet girl. I have more animals than I have fingers and toes so the idea of animals not doing what I want them to do doesn't put me off. You gotta go in knowing they don't think like we do.

Some rabbits can't resist peeing on soft things, and sometimes it can be them trying to assert their dominance and marking your area with their scent. You may be able to train your rabbit not to to do it, but that will take consistently ushering him off(to a 'time out') and claiming it as your territory when he does try and pee. But this may not work with all rabbits. Other options are covering with a waterproof covering, blocking access completely, or sometimes putting a towel or blanket up there that has their scent on it can be enough to stop the behavior.

https://myhouserabbit.com/rabbit-behavior/top-bunny/
https://bunnyproof.com/stop-bunny-peeing-bed-couch.html

Latest posts

Back