Still limping?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
The vet's full-week prescribed medicine treatment will end tomorrow, but nothing has improved. Musti has regained his appetite, but still limps, moves almost none, pees in wrong places and the floor is always covered in poop whenever he decides to move even a little. Dad and i are worried that he's not improving at all.

And i know, i know. Not all treatment is going to work the first time for all cases, just like in other pets, and even humans. And we're not ready to pay another whopping bill to get no improvement.

So. we've been wondering: what are some signs that it may be wiser to seek out another vet? The closest to us is Jõhvi/Iidla about 20-25 km away which we've been visiting. It is all run by the same firm. Next up is Narva, but about 90% are russian, so no way. We'd like Estonian language in Estonia. Rakvere is up next about 60km away. They seem more reliable and definetly able to communicate in our common language.
We'll call the vet on sat cos fri is red holiday to see what they say, maybe get appointment on the same day. But i'm still worried. I'm sad throwing away money when it has no good results...
Maybe i shouldn't've asked for a rabbit after all.

Last edited:
Oh no! I would call the vet back and see if you can get another prescription for the medicine. If not, it would be wise to get a second opinion.

Yea i think the vet is going to give us a second prescription but idk i dont believe that the current meds are helping his knee, they've had no effect other than the painkiller giving him enough freedom to get hungry...

Did they say if it was a sprain or a break? If it was a break they would have to set it back surgically.

They said that the bone was looking healthy. Since they're russian and we're Estonian we didnt really understand him. Was it muscle tissue or joint or somethong we didnt know

Y'all have google translate over there right (I've never been out of the states so I have no idea what it is like in other countries)? Maybe email them in Russian, and get them to email you back what is wrong with him. You can run it through translate and see what they say.

Yeeeah Estonian is a fairly small language, only about 1.5 million speak it worldwide? So albeit google translate has been with us for quite some time, it is not good enough to properly trabslate... thanks for all the concern, hope Theo will start showing some signs of recovery soon!

UPDATE:
We went back to the vet in the middle of april, they said sorry we cannot help you need to seek out another vet in Tartu or Tallinn. We dialed a rabbit savvy vet in Tartu and they told us back then that it will most likely pass bh itself as they thought it to be liquid accumulation back then. We waited for a week with no improvements. Jokes on us, waiting ain't helping and it had swollen more. We called them again abd went to see them on wednesday. My dad told that they did an xray pic, looked at it and gave him a shot, then sent us back home. They said that he'll be better by sunday and if not, we should come back for another, longer term injection.
He is more energetic(though not by much) and he grooms and eats and hops around. When he does though, the sole of his sick foot isn't moving along but rather dragging on the ground.
Is it possible that that's because he might have decreased/weakened muscle mass? If so, would he recover from it?
Dad believes that if the last visit isn't enough to help, then he'll never recover. I don't think so.....

Latest posts

Back