Sticking Feet in Water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Dill, my little Mini Rex,appeared to have a gas attack the other day, and was very uncomfortable.

One of the first things that tipped me off was that he kept sticking his front feet in his water dish. Thisworried me,because even thoughI've never readany info on this,I have seena number of stories and posts that mentioned therabbits were doing this when they were very ill. He ended up throwing some soft poops, and really seemed a lot better after I gave him some Simethicone, thus my guess that it was a gas attack.

Is it a coincidence? Or is it really a sign?

sas :?

Any idea what his temperature was? Maybe he was feeling hot.

I think that drastic changes in behavior do signal that something is wrong. Good for you on picking it up! I haven't seen mine do this except for when Mocha would play in the water as a baby. She'd flick water off her front paws and throw toys in the bowl.

Pepsi does this too (Her water is by the door). And sometimes she puts both feet in trying to get near the door to say hi. I'm not sure if this helps but maybe he's being clumsy? I really don't know.

Excessive water drinking or sitting in the water can be a sign of illness.

Some just like to play in thier water ;)

Pam

Latest posts

Back