Sticker on foot + stained bum...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
I went to cut Apollo’s nails and it turns out he’s got a sticker on his foot - I think it’s from when he was exploring in my brothers room.
I’ve already tried to gently pull it off but it’s pretty well stuck on there. Any tips would be appreciated x

also: I’m not sure if his bum is stained because of a weight problem (the vet says he’s fine but not too sure), age issue or a litter set-up problem. I have run out of regular pellet litter and my mums car is in the shop, so I’ve been using paper towel and changing every two days. I’ll add a picture in a moment. But any help on that would be great too

Attachments

• 1CB0756B-CD0A-46C7-A05C-A91E09153D04.jpeg
    1CB0756B-CD0A-46C7-A05C-A91E09153D04.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 9
Soak the foot in water or use baby/mineral/olive oil on a qtip and remove it then wash that foot with some dawn dish soap.

As for the pee, try and clean daily.
And remember most pets are overweight and this is what vets are used to seeing.
His butt appears fine in that photo.

Soak the foot in water or use baby/mineral/olive oil on a qtip and remove it then wash that foot with some dawn dish soap.

As for the pee, try and clean daily.
And remember most pets are overweight and this is what vets are used to seeing.
His butt appears fine in that photo.
Thank you! I really appreciate it. I’ll try olive oil in the morning, and I’ll definitely clean it daily. It’s more his tail than his bum (it’s just little pee streaks I think) - I’ll have to get a better picture in the morning as he’s being a grump.

The sooner you can get it off the better, like now ideally. If he eats that sticker it can cause an obstruction. Sticky stuff is always a danger which is why we can break the no bath rule for a foot bath because that definitely needs to come off. Yes its tiny but its still a big risk.

I ended up grabbing it off anyhow, with a bit of help from some water. I got a little bite in the process but we live aha.

Also a little side view. He’s always looked a little chubby to me but I’ve always had the reassurance of the vet to tell me otherwise. Thanks again x9331AA24-6B55-4A2F-984F-C44AB0024F24.jpeg

Attachments

• 698FA99C-6C0F-4AA9-A16B-4B87723E1F48.jpeg
    698FA99C-6C0F-4AA9-A16B-4B87723E1F48.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back