Starting to show rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac11045

Reaction score
I'm going to show my 2 Holland lop rabbits and would like advice on showing rabbits anything is helpful

Sorry, I haven’t shown Hollands, but have you been on the ARBA website to find shows in your area? The best way to learn is to go to a show, watch, and talk to other Holland breeders. Most are more than willing to share advice and suggestions. You can also search the internet for Holland Lop breeder groups for specifics on showing that breed.

Be sure they are tatooed in the left ear.find a show.enter your rabbit.listen to the judge. Take money cause you will want to buy rabbits.get a standard of perfection.

A little more in depth Holland’s are a four class breed shown in two varieties. They are first divided into the varieties of Solid or Broken and then each variety there are 4 classes that are Sr Buck, Sr Doe, Jr Buck, and Jr Doe. Jrs are 6months and under and seniors are over 6mos of age. Find out the class and variety for your rabbits and that’s how you enter them. I also suggest getting a standard of perfection book. You can buy it straight from arba.net or at the show they should have a local vendor. Also yes talk to other breeders! Introduce yourself and why you like Holland’s and why you are interested in showing and then just listen. Breeders usually love talking about their rabbits just be conscious if they are showing they might be super busy and not willing to talk so find time in the morning after check in before the show starts to go and walk around to talk

Sorry, I haven’t shown Hollands, but have you been on the ARBA website to find shows in your area? The best way to learn is to go to a show, watch, and talk to other Holland breeders. Most are more than willing to share advice and suggestions. You can also search the internet for Holland Lop breeder groups for specifics on showing that breed.
Exactly a
Good hl breeder or breeder of any breed will be more than willing to help

Latest posts

Back