Started to poop EVERYWHERE! Attack of the Droplings!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony707

Reaction score
Alright look I feel out of everything in 2020, these bunnies and their liter training has been the most stressful thing. To make everything short: I have 3 bunnies, and they're all liter trained, or so I thought. I just put in a new area rug earlier this morning because I thought they would appreciate their feet having friction and not a hard floor (I've been waiting for them to be fully trained so it wont be such a mess all the time). Well, now they're pooping all over it, and everywhere. They aren't peeing, which I am grateful for, so I suppose they are still liter trained, but they used to not do this with their droppings until I put this rug down. Any ideas why they're doing this? Any ideas are appreciated, thank you all.

Haha, sounds like a bunch of rabbits claiming their land!
It wouldn't be something to really worry about. Any time some new object or item is introduced to the rabbits, which alters their normal habitat, will inevitably trigger an avalanche of droppings. It should pass after some days when the trio feels that the rug is claimed, home, and absolutely safe.

Eg:
We recently introduced linoleum as flooring to our boys and both instantly dumped a hoarde of poops on it. A day went by and their good habits returned.

I think it’s marking their territory my old rabbit Jasper does this and wee too when he’s out of his cage and goes to the cage with the doe rabbit in. They are both indoor bunnies and the Doe does not do it just the buck!

Haha, sounds like a bunch of rabbits claiming their land!
It wouldn't be something to really worry about. Any time some new object or item is introduced to the rabbits, which alters their normal habitat, will inevitably trigger an avalanche of droppings. It should pass after some days when the trio feels that the rug is claimed, home, and absolutely safe.

Eg:
We recently introduced linoleum as flooring to our boys and both instantly dumped a hoarde of poops on it. A day went by and their good habits returned.
hmm, alright. thank you, the both of you. i suppose im just jumping the gun on it. Lets hope it does go back to normal. Thank you

Are you chaperoning them to encourage they poo and munch hay in their designated litter box spot? Territorial marking is going to occur. Five spayed/neutered buns have exercise time, at different times, on our carpeted first floor. They do not mark territory with poos everywhere.

Grateful that you are giving them a nicer surface rug that isn't a family heirloom or expensive type area rug. Grateful you are being patient and chaperoning the ez to pick up brown marble markers.

I smile each time I see a neighbor person walking their dog and leashed dog lifts his tail to urinate on each tree or lamp post.

Latest posts

Back