Starlight : twisted hock?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wordstoasong

Reaction score
Location Currently located in living room.
Description Unknown Breed, black and white, weighing at 5 lbs?
Age 2 years old
spayed/neutered? No
Notes on Fecal and Urinary Output Normal.
Medical History Never been sick before.
Diet Pellets with casual carrots, celery and apples.
movement Seems to be moving normally, slight drag in right leg.
any weight loss? No
are there any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? No
has the rabbit been outdoors? Lives in outdoor pen.

Starlight seemed to have twisted his back right hock, but it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. It is swollen, with the foot angled inwards. Should I bring him to the vet? Or is there any websites to look more into this? I do have vet wrap with me so if I need it. Thank you.

Will add a picture as soon as possible and maybe a video to show his movements for better evaluation.

Sounds like a serious injury to me. The foot should not be twisted, and is probably a broken bone.

The vet should do an x-ray to see if there is a break. Pain medications are an absolute must.

Just a question about his diet as well, does he get hay?

-Dawn

Thanks Dawn. I will be taking him to the vet ASAP. Upon another closer look into his leg, it may have been broken. Is there anything I can do to help his leg at the moment?

Could he's leg look like this?

002-4.jpg

Misty: No, his leg does not look like that, its more under him.

Dawn: Thanks for the suggestion! And for your previous question, yeah he does have hay.

lol Misty. And thanks Claire.

Right now he seems to be relaxing,everything looks normal. I'm keeping him indoors right now to keep a close eye on him. Bringing him into the vet in the morning. Here's to hoping for the best.

You could give him some ibuprofen for overnight. It reduces pain and inflammation. There is a good rabbit drug dosage calculator called dr. Chark's, I think. I am on my phone so I can't get the link, just use google. He has to have water in his body and food inhis gtummy before you give it though. An ice pack might help too, but make sure his body temp is ok.

Latest posts

Back