Stache, the Wonder Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aubrisita

Aubrey, Member
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Aubrey and my life is run by some furry little trouble makers. I have two cats (Tonks and Ollie), three guinea pigs(Applesauce, Edie, and Daphne), two labs (Lilly and Bubba), and my newest addition....Stache the wonder bunny. After reading all the great bunny blogs that are here, I decided to try my hand at one. I have never blogged before OR had a bunny....so this is going to be an experience. 8D

It gets addictive, hehe. The only blog I've ever had is my RO one (and I kinda considered "blog" a bad word before that, lol - too many people think the whole internet cares what they ate for breakfast!... but bunnies are so cute, I made an exception), and it's somehow almost 60 pages long now o_O (even after being AWOL for 7 months or so).

There's one rule if you're going to have a blog, though... you have to share some bunny pics! :D

I loved reading your blog and I also enjoyed the video you made about nail clipping. Your bunnies are adorable! I cut everyone's nails myself but I am not sure if I am brave enough to try doing Stache.

Pictures are noooo problem.

That is Tonks in the background of the veggie one, Stache was keeping an eye on her in case she tried to steal a veggie. My cats could care less about the bunny and piggies running around my room. They are more interested in trying to get their hay. Both ollie and Tonks are obsessed with it.

1387195235205.jpg

1387195261904.jpg

1387195298279.jpg

Yeah, Roo likes to eat hay and then barf it back up - he's pretty obsessed with it :(... luckily, he's about to turn 16 and is lazy and old enough to not go to great lengths for it.

The simple things in life make me happy. Last night, during his free time, Stache willingly went back into his cage and started to happily munch his orchard grass. That made me very happy happy happy. Lol. I have discovered that he is quite the cuddle bun. I fell asleep on the floor during his play time and woke up with him cuddled up against me, his chin resting on my arm. I also got a few kisses. :) one happy bunny mom right here.

That is so freaking adorable! Every time I've fallen asleep in the bunny pen, I've woken up to those little wenches abusing me like I was their own personal jungle gym.

Thank you! I think he is a handsome dude but I might be a wee biased. :)

Today I discovered that the wonder bun has a bit of a temper. I went to give him his morning pellets and he thought he was coming out to play. I told him no, and closed the door. He went over to his bowl and dumped his pellets all over the bottom of his cage! Then he deliberately turned around and gave me "the butt". Is it bad that all I could do was chuckle? I am in trouble, aren't I? *sigh*

1387335075808.jpg

Soooooo, we tried out a few toys last night. He was not thrilled, but my cats sure were! I just got the "really momma, are you serious" look from Stache. I also discovered that he is NOT a fan of my phone. He hopped over and put his head on my arm while I was texting someone. Next thing I know, my phone is being ripped out of my hand and there is a cold bunny nose bumbing it. o_O my phone is pretty big, so that is quite a feat for him. I went to pick it up after I gave him some love and he decided to sit on it. Oh Stache, I might have to change your title to Stache, the NAUGHTY Bun.

1387460218399.jpg

1387460236750.jpg

Yup, definitely naughty bun. Someone *coughstachecough* decided to push their litter box out of the way and pee/poo all over the cage. I don't know why, play time was cut a little short last night because I was utterly exhausted. Maybe that is why? Vengeful bun.

God only knows with bunns. Mine seem to like to pee everything up just to ruin it so that no one else will want it... and that's why their free-range privileges got revoked!

Hand over the cilantro and no one will get hurt.

Turns out Stache loves him some cilantro. He is gonna have to battle the piggies for cilantro rights....the girls go nuts for it too. H

1387683117031.jpg

Boy am I in trouble. I had to put Stache back in his house when I went downstairs to eat dinner. He was not pleased, even though I assured him that I would be back to let him out again. I scarfed down my dinner and came back 10 mins later, like a good bun momma, and let him out again. I was greeted by a butt and then an unhappy glare. He preceeded to sit inside his house and look at me. No amount of coaxing could get him to leave his house. Then, he decides to hop out! He goes over to the corner and I start talking to him, telling him how happy I am that he has decided to come out. He looks at me, blinks, then hops back into his cage. I look at the floor and there is poo all over it. Now he uses his litter box , with the exception of that one time, even if he is out. He will hop back in his house to go then continue on his merry adventures. I really do have a vengeful bun on my hands.

Ooooohweeeee. Wonder bun has turned into a snub bun! Christmas tunnel got snubbed. Old phone book got snubbed. Baby toy links got snubbed. Christmas veggies got snubbed....till he realized I only put the green leaf lettuce on top of everything and there were other things under it. Then he threw the offending lettuce off the plate (I never realized rabbits could legit throw things) and ate the other veggies. Then he hopped back into his house and into his litter pan. What a brat! Lol

Stache: my momma is crazy! I luffs lettuce, the proof is down there. See I eatin it, like a good bun bun.

Me: lies! You took one nibble and spit it out.

Stache: you crazy momma. There a picture of me eatin it, so I eat it. That my story and I stickin to it. *thump*

Me: *eyeroll*

Stache: this what I think of your post. *snub*

Me: *facepalm* help?

1388017076473.jpg

1388017090514.jpg

I was wondering if it is possible for a bunny to bond with a cat. Tonks, my female cat, and Stache seem pretty close. They groom each other and he follows her around the room sometimes. I was thinking about maybe getting another bunny so he isn't lonely but now I wonder if Tonks is an ok substitute? Personally I think she is just using him for his hay. I would never tell him that though. XD

Ooooohweeeee. Wonder bun has turned into a snub bun! Christmas tunnel got snubbed. Old phone book got snubbed. Baby toy links got snubbed. Christmas veggies got snubbed...

Many rabbits go ridiculously out of their way to avoid showing any sort of appreciation. They'll wait MONTHS to play with a toy that they secretly had their eye on from the start just to deny you the happiness of watching them play with it.

I was wondering if it is possible for a bunny to bond with a cat. Tonks, my female cat, and Stache seem pretty close. They groom each other and he follows her around the room sometimes. I was thinking about maybe getting another bunny so he isn't lonely but now I wonder if Tonks is an ok substitute? Personally I think she is just using him for his hay. I would never tell him that though. XD

Roo wants to know if he can come live with you instead of us because cats aren't allowed to eat bunny hay in our apartment. In my defense, that's because every time Roo eats hay, he turns around and barfs it up - gross!

A cat friend isn't the same as a bonded bunny companion, especially since they don't technically speak the same language (not that it stops Nala from communicating with both cats and Roo from seemingly responding at times)... *but* they do sound like they really enjoy each other's company. While most (altered) bunnies prefer to be bonded to another bunny, they're not among the animals that HAVE to have a same-species companion (and some actually really prefer to be solo).

If Stache seems happy/fulfilled and such from the attention given to him by non-bunny housemates, then isn't that what really matters? I see no need to get him another bunny if he's perfectly content to have a kitty cat instead :p.

Whelp, we have a winner winner chicken dinner on the toy front. Today Stache decided that the tissue box was a pretty nifty thing. He pushed it all around the room and had TONS of fun taking all the tissues out of it. It was binky inducing. Also Tonks thought it was pretty spectacular, she shredded the tissues as he pulled them out. Lol, they are quite the duo. They hang out together under my desk, I have dubbed it the fortress of bun-itude. Every good super hero needs a secret lair, the Wonder Bun and his sidekick Tonka Truck are no exceptions.

On a side note, I think Ollie is jealous that Tonks and Stache get along so well. He was giving them dirty looks this evening. I went to the SPCA this afternoon (never a good idea) and they have an adorable bun there ufa. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back