St. Louis Gaian finds way to play with wildlife

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Richard and I am a true Gaian at heart, which is a person that sees the interconnectedness in nature. I grew up with two rabbits, unfortunately the male was neutered much too early on in life and had to be put to sleep. The girl rabbit lived a lot longer life, as do the majority of our pets (I have a Minpin that's 18).

What most Gaians don't understand, though, is you can't just be a philosopher. You have to actively reduce flight zone of wildlife so they aren't so jittery around humans. I have been able to reduce a wild rabbit's flight radius and actually have fun with her before she ran off into the woods. This video is important for the reason that it helps us understand a proper way to gauge body language, back off when necessary, then continue on and have fun with nature. I hope to have this video get quite a few views, but I don't like to call it a potential viral video. Rather symbiotic. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/djE6-FefH5g

I respectfully disagree. I love watching wildlife, but I feel that humans should respect wild animals' space, watch from a distance, and allow them to do their own thing.

I don't see how you or the rabbit is having fun in this video...you're chasing the poor thing around the yard. Observe from a distance but let it live it's natural life please.

Thank you Bville. I perfectly agree that they do their own thing. But there is a point in the video where the rabbit defecates, and believe me the rabbit thinks I'm out to chase tail, and they love a little thrill in their lives. Obviously I'm not interested in "getting with" the rabbit but only interested in trying out an obvious approach to see how close I get. Part of that is feigning interest. Instead of the sneaky things "experts" do to get close to wildlife, I am an expert in gauging body language and being a 6'5" "demon-eyed stare monster" with a very deliberate and considerate body language approach. I probably should've posted this video instead as it is a calmer method: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkIxR6JH5o[/ame]

Trust that wild animals love thrills. There's probably a reason why deer haven't gotten the smarts enough yet to avoid cars, they get an adrenaline rush from narrowly avoiding cars. That's free adrenaline with which they can do whatever. Trust also that this animal trusts me. Trust that it could've run off into the woods way earlier. I use the word trust a lot because the main antagonist to Gaian theory being widely analyzed is that most people distrust.

BTW I go into full rabbit mode when I approach and that's what's with the sniffing.

Latest posts

Back