Squishy stomach

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
My rabbit for a long time has been having a squishy stomach, loud gurgling, dribbling urine, and sludge that seemed to have went away. It’s been a month it seems like and nothing can be found. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

@Apollo’s Slave
Thank you but only the squishy and gurgling matches up :(
Today I felt a few little soft tiny balls in her stomach not sure what it is can it be her poops going through? 😞

You’ve been to the vet a few times now haven’t you? Is there anything that she’s eaten that she shouldn’t have (this can go as far back as before this started). As for the soft balls, could she have bladder or kidney stones?

What's her diet? Is she eating OK? Do you have a good rabbit vet? Have they done any diagnostics, x-ray, blood test, urine test?

You’ve been to the vet a few times now haven’t you? Is there anything that she’s eaten that she shouldn’t have (this can go as far back as before this started). As for the soft balls, could she have bladder or kidney stones?
Yes to many and No that i Can’t think of any only thing was oxbow treats that I have stopped giving her because of the sludge she was having. I was thinking of that also I really hope it’s nothing dangerous. I’m waiting for my insurance to go through so that I can take her to the vet again. Hopefully this week I’ve been searching for a better vet but no luck.

What's her diet? Is she eating OK? Do you have a good rabbit vet? Have they done any diagnostics, x-ray, blood test, urine test?
Her diet is Timothy hay, oxbow adult pellets, green veggies 🥬 romaine and green leaf( recently started eat them little by little because of covid), and once a day urinary support tablets by oxbow.
Yes, she eats very good she’s always excited about food.
No, blood test, x rays nothing.

Yes to many and No that i Can’t think of any only thing was oxbow treats that I have stopped giving her because of the sludge she was having. I was thinking of that also I really hope it’s nothing dangerous. I’m waiting for my insurance to go through so that I can take her to the vet again. Hopefully this week I’ve been searching for a better vet but no luck.

here’s a list of vets: Vet List | House Rabbit Society

Her diet is Timothy hay, oxbow adult pellets, green veggies 🥬 romaine and green leaf( recently started eat them little by little because of covid), and once a day urinary support tablets by oxbow.
I would say just keep her on a hay only diet. No veggies or pellets for a while (a few weeks at least). Did the vet advise the urinary support tablets?
I’d also look into getting blood tests and an X-ray done for her.

Diet sounds good. What are the quantities you give her? Try restricting pellets to no more than 1 tbsp a day, try a bit of fresh herbs (no more than the size of her head) instead of veg, introduce one type at a time and in very small quantities. Perhaps add some variety to the hay, get another type, and add some dried forage.

Diet sounds good. What are the quantities you give her? Try restricting pellets to no more than 1 tbsp a day, try a bit of fresh herbs (no more than the size of her head) instead of veg, introduce one type at a time and in very small quantities. Perhaps add some variety to the hay, get another type, and add some dried forage.

For pellets 2 tbsp, veggies maybe only like two giant leaves just recently. Okay I’ll try that what type of hay should I get? I can pick some up today. Also what type of herds do you recommend?

For pellets 2 tbsp, veggies maybe only like two giant leaves just recently. Okay I’ll try that what type of hay should I get? I can pick some up today. Also what type of herds do you recommend?
Any grass hay she likes is good. Maybe try a few. Herbs - they can have pretty much all of them apart from chives. Basil, mint, cilantro, parsley, thyme,... She doesn't eat any non-food stuff, does she? Like carpet or mats or cardboard?

I got her two types of hay oat hay and organic meadow hay. They were out of stock on the others but how much should I give her. Some per day or every other day or once or few times per week?
Also got some herbs 🌿

FBE4A661-B273-4D26-A900-16BE0FFBFAF7.jpeg
I checked her litter box just know because I saw that she was going restroom. And saw this is it sludge or mucus there is also the poops on the side with white on it can that be dry sludge.

Found a another vet. Good reviews a lot of them about buns! It’s pretty far but I’m fine with it as long as we get to the bottom of this. It’s been a month and weeks now 🙏🏻 With this problem.

I got her two types of hay oat hay and organic meadow hay. They were out of stock on the others but how much should I give her. Some per day or every other day or once or few times per week?
Also got some herbs 🌿
Well done. Just add a handful of each type of hay every day. I hope she likes it.

Latest posts

Back