Squeaking and twitching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
I brought this up on an old post and no onereally knew the answer so I'm trying again. My girl Pepper isa twitcher. She has been doing it more often lately and Idon't know what it means. It seems to only happen when she isrelaxed... like today it happened when she was enjoying a nosemassage. It reminds me of really fast bunny hiccups that makeher whole body kinda jerk and today it was accompanied by a strangesqueaking noise. Anyone have any clue about this?Should I be worried? I'm still trying to learn my bunnybehaviors.

Hi PepperGirl

My 3 only twitch when their dreaming. Reminds me of a dog, when its dreaming.

As for the noise ?????

The only thing I could suggest to you, is that you PM Pam as she is one of our resident experts.

I wish I could be of more use to you.

I PM'd Pam so maybe she will have anidea. I would feel better if she did it in her sleep but sheis always awake... just usually relaxing... so I don't know if she ismaybe having daydreams or something. Thanks for the advice.

Jamie

Hi Jamie

Lets hope Pam is able to help further.

I have just remembered, that one of my sisters cats twitch when he'scompletely relaxed, but not asleep. Its like all the muscles are inspasm.

Maybe you just have a twitchy bun.

I hope you find out what it is. Let us know if you do.

I suspect an occasionaltwitch is not something to get upset about, as opposed to a long, or dramatic seizure. Bears keeping an eye on, though, and seeing what Mrs. Nock may advise.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
I suspect an occasional twitch is not something toget upset about, as opposed to a long, or dramatic seizure.Bears keeping an eye on , though, and seeing what Mrs. Nock may advise.

Buck

I agree with Buck. I'm assuming the behavior is what I havealso seen on occasion when rabbits are eating theircecotropes. They are relaxed and exhibit a mild twitching andmay also make various noises.

As long as everything else is normal, I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about.

Pam

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm nottoo worried seeing as how she seems to have control over it.If I stop petting her, or get her to move in some way... the twitchingseems to stop. Maybe it is her way of showing she isextremely relaxed and happy... let's hope for that :D Justout of curiousity... what are some signs to look for if there is reallysomething wrong? I know buns hide pain well so how do youreally tell?

Latest posts

Back