Squabbling bunnies?! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haxela

Reaction score
I'm at a complete loss right now and am beyond freaked out, so I apologize if this comes out incoherent. I'm also feeling like I'm coming down with something and feel physically just terrible.

There was fur all over the girls pen when I went up to check on them after coming home from work. Okay, maybe not ALL over, but there was fur in a couple of places in and around their cage. It seems like it was pulled out fur and both girls seem alright at first glance, but it obviously threw me for a loop. I'm going to pick them each up to check them over in a little while, but I'm so scared something will be wrong. I read about abscesses and the like all the time and am freaking myself out more than I think I need to be. Please help!

What should I look for? Is there anything I can do to help them or keep them from doing this again? I'll be home for the rest of the day - is there something I should be doing that I'm not? Is this normal?

I will be looking them over, but I need to eat something and sit down for a few minutes before I go and clean up upstairs. They're both calm right now and are cuddling next to one another in their box. I'm just...I don't know...

Please tell me everything will be okay.

Oh sweetie, I'm sure everything will be ok. I have come home to see a couple of tuffs of hair here and there. But my babies are always cuddling.

Let us know how it goes. :hug:

*jackie

I really appreciate the kind words. I'm still worried, but a lot less so.

I must really be coming down with something as I keep going between hot and cold, hot and cold, hot and cold. So knowing that I may feel even worse later, I fed, watered, and checked on everybun. The girls were still cuddling and then had no problem sharing their pellets and veggies. And I didn't pick them both up as they're still so fearful and stressed, but I did pet them and feel around. Everything seemed okay and they aren't in any pain or discomfort that I can tell.

Another thing, they were both kept outside prior to coming to live with me. I do think I'm starting to see a molt going on - most likely because of the change in temperature from being outside buns to house buns. The tufts of fur may also have been because of that - I automatically assumed they were fighting...

So, everything seems okay for the time being. I'm trying to remain as calm as possible and I think taking a nap may be the thing I need most of all. Thanks again for the reality check!

Latest posts

Back