Spring Fever!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn Davis

Reaction score
Help! I have two mini lop does (Mabel & Martha) who are coming up to a year old. A mixture of teenage angst and spring fever has well and truly taken hold this last week or so.

Both have been spayed a few months ago - but with Mabel's spay, the vet couldn't find a womb/ovaries to remove. She is the one causing the issues, so I wonder whether it's a hormonal issue, or purely a dominance war?? I have also read that Spring in general makes them crazy - and the change in temperature has made a massive difference in behaviour.

Both buns are free roam in my kitchen - Mabel has been constantly chinning everything, pooping everywhere and scenting (litter habbits are usually quite good), but the main issue is the constant attempt to mount poor Martha!

Martha is not retaliating, and hasn't tried to mount Mabel too much, and luckily things haven't gotten violent between the two of them yet. Martha is clever enough to head to a corner of the room with her bum to the wall!

I am mostly worried about the affect it is having on Martha, and the relationship between the two girls in the long run. Surely one of them needs to give in and let the other be dominant - but what if neither does?

Is there anything I can do to help? I've tried a little stress bonding but feel like Martha has enough stress in her life at the moment - and have tried banana mush on each of their heads to get the other grooming.

Any advice is welcome. I want my loving buns back :(

Latest posts

Back