Sprained paw??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my view it does’nt look bent or anything but you could just cut that area (being careful to not cut the quik) 🙂

Okay thank you, I might do that tomorrow, I was gonna yesterday but her nail is still really short and I don’t think it’s the right time to cut any of them.

Don't cut the nail further if it's already short. If it's not just the nail that's bent but the actual toe, that means it's broken and you'll need to take your bun to be seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet so they can splint the foot and give your bun some pain medication. It's also important to ensure your bun continues to eat and drink normally, because rabbits in pain will often not eat well or may stop eating altogether, in which case your vet will need to give you syringe feeding mix and show you how to give it to your bun.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Thank you for replying, she’s still eating the same amount as before injury and acting the same in general, she’s just not using the foot, I’m gonna hold off because I’m told it’s just a sprain, and also she isn’t in immediate pain, I can still touch all over her foot without her flinching. If I remember correctly my other rabbit thumper had the same injury excluded the toe and his paw healed at the same rate hers is, I am hoping it heals and that she’ll be okay.

Uhm did u take her to the vet or she healed by her self ? Pls respond id appreciate your effort to reply to my text :(
She healed on her own, it's been months now and she's completely fine thankfully. I hope ur bunny is okay!!

Uhm did u take her to the vet or she healed by her self ? Pls respond id appreciate your effort to reply to my text :(
You could try posting about what happened and maybe someone could help figure out what's wrong and what to do? I don't have much expertise with this so I don't know if I'll be much help, when I first posted this I was terrified of the response, but everyone is really nice on here so I had nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back