Spirits and Ghosts and everything else

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
I will explain later in the thread what made me post this but I want to hear others experiences.

Are you a believer in spirits and things that go bump in the night? Are you a "sensitive"? Have you had any experiences with "ghosts"?

Not looking to dig out big scary ghost stories. I'm just curious as to others experiences and beliefs in regards to them.

Ugh I want to fix the botched spelling in the title and it wont let me *sigh* We will just pretend the typos are not there lol

I believe there are things that science can not explain. It would be rather pompus to think we know everything. There are times I know things or sense things I can not explain, but I wouldn't call myself "sensitive" just perhaps observant.

My gut feelings about strangers can turn out to be errily accurate, but I put that up to being abused as a kid. I had to pick up on tiny cues to know when danger was coming.

^ I believe the above. I do believe there are spirits, but they don't mean to cause harm. People just exaggerate and take things too sensitively. I strongly believe in guardian angels ( not sure if this forum has religious issues and hope this doesn't cross them) and helpers.
But evil ghosts or spirits causing harm :nope:
I may have encountered a school ghost girl once in the school bathroom...

Jj

All the women in my Maternal Grandmothers side(including my Mom) have the ability on one level or another to sense or even see Spirits/Ghosts. My Mom can see Auras and full on see a lot of spirits.

I am able to sense them and some I can see or see "shadow" of them.

I had a really scary encounter this week though that has left me unsettled. I thought at first it might of been sleep paralysis but I was able to move.

But I also am very sensitive to peoples emotions and I feed on the energy that is around me and I seem to be able to tell when something is not right about someone. Which I chalk up to the abusive childhood and my PTSD.

It is a rather interesting topic though and I love the stories of other peoples experiences. The whole paranormal thing is very fascinating to me.

I have a kid that is in my apartment. I've seen her a few times and mostly can just sense her and get a kick out of her moving things around and just being mischievous but harmless.

The last week there has been a very nasty man hanging around my place. He is far from fun and silly. I woke up with him standing over my bed and trying to strangle me. I had scratches on my shoulders and neck. I thought it was SP but its been ongoing all week. I am thinking he is finally gone but it has been very unsettling. Even Rue and my dog have been acting strange.

I have kind of talked to my Nana off and on and my Grandpa.

My Mom has an old man at her house. Its a neat story. This older gentleman built a cute little house tucked into the woods for his wife when they retired. Its super small and just adorable. They lived there happily until he passed away at home from cancer.

When he passed away his wife decided to sell the place because she couldn't live alone and it was to hard. So my mom and her bf bought the house.

The gentleman hasn't left though. My Mom knew from the beginning he was there but he just kind of was there. Then they started moving furniture in and painting and he would get annoyed. Mom had put up a shelf and he knocked it down. She would make her bed in the morning and when she got home the blankets would be on the floor. Just funny things.

I stayed there for a week after my carpal tunnel surgery and when I was home alone I kept hearing things but thought nothing of it.

I sleep on an air bed when I am there and it has a built in pump. One morning I woke up because he decided to turn the pump on to suck the air out of the bed. I was laying on the couch and he yanked the blanket off me.

So I said out loud that I am sorry he passed away and his wife moved out but he can be sure that my Mom and her bf don't even plan on leaving and they want to keep the house the way it is and they love the charm it has and that it was built with love. I told my Mom what I told him and she told him she never plans on leaving and will always cherish the charm and love the house has.

He seems to have settled down since then and just kind of wanders around and Mom said it feels like he is just watching over things.

There have been other things through the years but those are the most recent events.

I do understand why people can be skeptic though. I mean really who wants to believe that some of us just never leave once we pass? And who wants to believe that there can be ghosts moving things around and invading on your privacy?

Me and my friends had crazy experiences in a close friends house when we were middle school and high school. I wish we had high tech phones back then cause i would definitely have a video of it but stuff we experienced there would leave us awake all night and even scared during the day. I definitely believe in the paranormal good and bad

I've definitely seen and heard things that I just cannot explain. I'll share a few non-ghost stuff that has happened to me. Several years ago I was just starting to date this guy and we were hitting off pretty well. He had been at my apartment the night before pretty late and left early morning to head back to his place to get ready for work. I went back to bed to try and sleep. I don't know how much later but I got woken up by his voice saying "Hiya hun" or something like that (it's been a while so I don't remember exactly). I pass it off as being slightly drunk and a little tired. Later when I tell him what I heard and what time it happened he got kind of spooked. He told me he had been driving past my complex at that time and said exactly those words. My experience with this guy was when he was really into me he was projecting a lot at me so I felt him a lot. But when things got bad between us he shut down that connection. It's kind of hard to explain I guess.

Another time I was helping a customer place an order and as I asked his name I saw his name as a ghostly image on my computer screen. Now if that didn't happen I would have thought nothing of guessing his name since he had a really common name.

I can some times pick things up from people but it doesn't happen a lot. And I do think there is someone that visits my apartment. I've had my shedder turn on by itself and I get a sense like someone is with me (like I'm being watched) and that's it. Not harmful or anything. I've said out loud I don't mind whomever is visiting as long as they do not harm me or my animals.

When I was small but big enough to not believe my stuffies could talk. I dropped "Rose" down the stairs and a very loud Ow came. My mum wasn't in the room.

And once I fell headfirst down the stairs, about to hit my head on the ground when something pushed me up. I landed safe and sound, my mum said it was my guardian angel. :)
Jj

When I was really little we were visiting my great-grandparents in a nursing home. My mom said we had to leave and I started crying and begging to stay. As we were leaving, I looked back at my gram and I knew that was the last time I would see her. She died a couple days later.

My brother died in 2005. For quite some time my dog would go to where my brother spent most of his time and would start playing with something/someone we couldnt see. He would even bring toys to the area. We believe he was playing with my brother.

Jen I teared up reading about your great grand parents. Big hugs to you.

When my Nana passed away I was living in another province. I knew she had been sick but I didn't know how bad. I had a real gut wrenching feeling and my chest got really tight and I picked up my phone. As I grabbed it in my hand I knew it was going to ring and it was going to be about my Nana. It was. My entire family that was there at the time had just walked out of the room as she passed. My cousin went back into the room and Nana started talking to her telling her not to cry because she is at peace now.

I came home for a visit a few years later and my Grandpa was living in a home. He kept calling me Joan(My Nanas name) and telling me not to worry he will be joining me(thinking I was Nana) soon. I had a hard time keeping it together. I knew right then and there he was going to pass on soon.

I was out west for work and Grandpa came in my room and gave me a kiss and a hug and told me not to worry he was no longer in pain and told me that he knew I wouldn't be able to make it home for his funeral and that was okay with him and he would take care of my Mom for me through the funeral.

I went to my grand parents graves not to long ago for the first time in years. Something just told me I needed to be there. I sat in front of their grave stone and cried telling them how much I missed them and a sense of calm washed over me and Nana told me not to cry.

I think the story about your dog playing is very sweet and touching. Animals just seem to know. I am sorry for your loss of your brother.

I don't necessarily believe in ghosts or spirits. But I do believe you can kind of sense things, and I have.

When my grandmother's father was in the hospital with cancer, he battled for a long time. I had gone to visit him once(since I was somewhat young and it was scary to see) and we knew he'd be gone soon so I said my goodbyes. The next morning I woke up to the phone ringing, me picking it up and someone telling me he had passed away. I then actually woke up an hour later and my mother told me my grampy had passed away. I just told her 'I know.' and she was very confused.
I also knew exactly when the phone rang a few years later that my grandmother had passed before I had even picked up the phone.
I've also known in similar fashions when pets are getting close. It's an eery feeling, I don't really like it. But I tend to know.

I do get feelings when someone is ill or passes from this plane. I called my mom and found out my dad had passed that day. After that, when I called and left Xmas and mother's day messages I just plain didn't feel that everything was alright. My wonderful sister called me at the end of June to tell me that she'd been sick before Xmas and had passed in March--our "feelings" don't lie.

I've always believed in spirits and ghosts, although I do get freaked out at one of my aunt's place because of their resident ghost. The story was that she was the daughter of the owner back in the mid to late 1800's and she fell in love with one of the farmhands, the father found this out and had the young man killed. She found out and hung herself on the back deck (porch) and her spirit has hung around ever since.

A few years ago I studied at a college where we all lived on a campus and a lot of the buildings were 40-50+ years old and one of the ladies who became one of my friends there told me how mediums run in her family, I told her the story of how a few weeks after my grandmother passed away my mother was in the kitchen and nothing would go right, frustrated my mother called out "Mum this is MY kitchen." and sure enough after that everything went back to normal, my friend said 'Well she is still around.' Then a month or so later a bunch of us were sitting around and this lady was talking about how she could see the auras of our guardians, a few descriptions freaked some out but the description of mine; an older lady, proud of her appearance but not flashy and quiet. I sent my mother a text message to ask if that sounded like anyone, it did, my great grandmother who passed away back in 1998 6 weeks shy of her 99th birthday.

I'm a believer. I am in no way a skeptic. I have seen so much in my house I am in that there is NO DOUBT in my mind that there are spirits and ghosts. Last night my niece and I actually saw a lady in my hallway watching us. Yeah. It's creepy. I've also seen my great grandpa before.. I told my dad about the man I saw watching us and he was like "That sounds just like how my Grandpa looked." I've also gone on 'ghost hunts' in near by places that Ghost Hunters have been too. My and my mom are big believers. :)

i have some crazy ghost activity in my house. my house was on a ghost show a few years ago. they did a "cleansing" and things were fine for a few months. then everything all came back. i definately believe. i have a ghostly experience at least once every 1-2 days, during the day or night time. my house has made believers out of non believers!

Latest posts

Back