Sphynx Kitty♥

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruki

Reaction score
This is Ruki my Sphynx. That's where I got my username :)

Rukibaby-1.jpg

He Is called a 'cream' and he has one light blue eye and one dark blue eye. He's considered Bi-eyed.
He's my baby and so super spoiled! He's around 6 months old now. He has the most wonderful, funny, loving, playful personality ever! He is always purring and wanting to cuddle. I'v never met such a sweet kitty! I got him neutered about a month ago and he is doing well.
I love my Ru-Ru to bits :hearts Sphynx cats really are the best type of cats!

Does anyone else have a sphynx?

Ohh, you should! I seriously am in love with the breed! My husband has a domestic long haired cat and I have always wanted my own cat. I had seen the sphynx for the first time a few years ago at a cat show and that was it, I was hooked. I finally got looking into breeders and found a great breeder about a hour and a half from me here in MD. I finally got my Ruki when he was like 3 months old, so I havnt had him long but he has definitely stolen my heart with his lively personality!
You should at least go meet some sphynx cats if your interested. Find a breeder near you and see if yo can come see them. Its worth it! Anyone that has ever met one has gotten one so be careful!! lol

My friend's mom had one... I'm not a huge cat person to begin with but I couldn't get over how weird it felt :p Aren't they prone to skin and eye conditions? The one I knew was anyways.

Also cats don't generally like me anyways. :p

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
My husband really wants one. I was thinking about looking into kittens.
I don't think Fraggles would approve. She's still getting used to Miss M & the lobster. I remember what she used to do to cats! lol

Marisa:
They are only prone to eye and skin problems if you do not care for them properly. You need to wipe their eyes out daily and bath them once a week to keep them clean and healthy.

Awe :) I have always been fascinated by the breed! Altho I have never been much of a cat person... And my husband would never hear of it lol he once told me I could get 10 more dogs and or 10 more bunnies before we'd get a cat! Hahahaha lol

Beautiful kitty! We have a Devon Rex and she is so great. Almost hairless, but not quite. It is more of a short velvet-like hair that is a blue-gray colour. Really good for people who hate having cat hair all over them just like a Sphinx!

Ruki is very cute. Do you have to oil them etc or do baths do the trick? My mum is obsessed with them so I am sure we will have one among our vast collection of animals soon enough :p

T

Toyabrooke:
Devon rex are beautiful cats too! My cousin is obsessed with them! And no, you do not need to put any oil, lotion, ect. on their skin. You bath them once a week which keeps them clean and their skin stays soft and never gets dry because of the tiny bit of natural oil in it.

I eventually want to get another sphynx a few years down the line. I just LOVE the breed! He's an awesome kitty!

Do you put sunscreen on him in the summer? I have a Turkish Angora, so LOTS of hair, but he's all white. I put sunscreen on his nose and ears during the summer time because he loves to lay on window sils with the windows open so the uv could burn the exposed skin.

He is only 6 months old..I havnt had him in the spring/summer yet so I have not. But, Im sure I will. He is a strict indoor kitty but he loves laying in the windows :)

The guy that cuts my hair has one that he keeps at his salon. I got to pet it. Very weird feeling but neat looking cat. Yours is a very handsome boy.

I prefer my cats furry tho haha. My cats were rescues so yeah I don't think I'd ever spend a lot of money to get a pure breed cat when homeless animals really need someone.

Brandy, I had a white cat when I was a lot younger (actually my 7th birthday present) and he had the pink nose and pink ears. His ears got sun burned a lot because we never put sunblock on him (I wasn't old enough to know any better). He ended up losing both his ears due to skin cancer.

Well, I know where your coming from Emily about the rescuing thing. I know there are lots of cats out there needing homes BUT I wanted a certain breed of cat, a sphynx, and no shelters have them. Its an impossible breed to find in shelters and rescues so I didnt have much of a choice when it came to that. When wanting a rare breed sometimes the only option is to get from a breeder.
The breeder did take very well care of her animals and the all had free roam of the house and she spoiled them rotten so I felt good about getting Ruki from her :)

:) Oh I didn't mean that as a judgement or anything. As lovely as they are, they aren't in shelters much. And it's a personal choice of mine where I'm not too picky on breeds, so I'd rather adopt.

Latest posts

Back