Spaying Two Bonded Females

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velveteen Lop

Reaction score
Hello!
I know there are many threads on here regarding these types of questions, but every situation is different, so I'll share mine.
I've rescued a mini lop/holland lop mix, about three or four months ago from a pet set free situation, and because she was set free with all her sons, they impregnated her and about a month after rescuing her, she gave birth to an adorable fat little baby girl. She is the sweetest thing, born December 2nd. She and her mother get along wonderfully, enjoying each others company. Her mother, Flicker, looks to be an older rabbit (maybe 4 or 5?), but she and Tinsel (her daughter) seem to love each other.

Tinsel is the sweetest thing, will let anyone hold her and just lies in your arms like a baby. She hasn't gone through her teen stage yet (I believe she's on the brink of that, kinda've been a little nippy lately), but I'd hate for her behavior to change.

So what are your thoughts on spaying these two? They're wonderful girls, and I want them to live happy and healthy lives. Also, what age would you recommend spaying Tinsel, and do you think it'd be safe to spay Flicker? Another question as well, I know prices are different everywhere, but what would you pay to spay your rabbit?

Latest posts

Back