Spayed rabbit still spraying?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Reaction score
The rescue I got her from told me she was spayed, but I'm starting to wonder if Sasha's spay was botched somehow, or if there's some other adrenal issue causing her to still be hormonal.

She's still being very aggressive towards Merlin, and today I found sprayed pee on the walls of the bedroom which I know for a fact only Sasha could've done. It was definitely sprayed, not a normal pee. I can't find any resources online about a spayed rabbit starting to spray.

She hasn't sprayed to my knowledge before this, and we've had her for nearly a month. Though she has done normal pees here and there around the house.

Is this odd?

Perhaps after a month of being at your home, she's starting to settle down and feel like she can claim her territory now? A bit of a far-fetched option perhaps. Otherwise, it's a bit strange that she would start spraying after being spayed. Any other environmental changes?

Nope, no environmental changes. I have introduced a couple of new veggies, but that's it. She poops all over the place, has from day 1 - I thought that was standard territory-claiming behaviour for fixed buns. It was a surprise to find the sprays. She doesn't really act hormonal though! No humping, honking, "courting" of any sort. No territorial aggression towards us humans. My only real suspicion of lingering hormones is the spraying and that she keeps picking fights with Merlin.

But spraying is unusual, isn't it? Gosh, have I been trying to bond a hormonal bunny to a neutered one? Maybe that's why it's been going so badly? :(

^Just checked it out, thanks!

Sasha doesn't hump, circle or "act hormonal" though...if that makes sense. Still, to be safe, we might take her in to check for hormones once we've got a little extra cash.

Latest posts

Back