Spayed!! (pics)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is amazing how much every rabbit differs, it also amazes me the rate in which they do heal! It took me over 6wks to close up from my c sections!

6 days post spay, she did remove the scab a little bit but it really shows how well its healing. im very pleased with it! Her current scab/scar is about the size of an eraser top on a pencil, aka very small.
2736385524_34087f6e5f.jpg

She's doing so great - what a little trooper. I must comment though, that the incision looks different than any of the spays I've seen. All of them have been long and thin, not round. Give that sweet Rain a nose pet for me.

it started out as a straight line as you can see in the first pic... im sure as she spent time "cleaning it" the scab healed that way.. either way as long as its not leaking puss or anything else gross it really doesnt matter how it heals as long as it does heal. It never spent anytime gaped open so thats good also. :biggrin2:she sure is a trooper!! I can only hope our new girl heals as well as she does when spay time comes!

slavetoabunny wrote:
She's doing so great - what a little trooper. I must comment though, that the incision looks different than any of the spays I've seen. All of them have been long and thin, not round. Give that sweet Rain a nose pet for me.

From the looks of it, it started out pretty normal-looking. It looks as though she may have chewed a stitch or two out? Then again, I don't know the kind of stitching the vet used.

At any rate, our girls who've had the round little belly, it's been due to that. But again, I don't know the kind of stitch used to sew her up. But great pictures.

thanks for the comments Ivory... yes, every vet is different. As far as i know they had internal sutures (stitches) and on the outside she used the glue instead of sutures but i could be wrong. Either way, as long as its healing and the job is done lol.. Thank you for the compliments on the pictures, i hope they help someone.. i love photography and seeing post spay pictures woudlve been helpful to me as i couldnt find many of them when i was doing searches.

might i ask, what did you mean by "little round bellys" i was just curious what you meant by that... aside from a scar what else should i expect? It doesnt look as though shes going to keyloid from the incision, but then again Rain is the first bun we have ever had spayed... growing up it just wasnt common practice to spend the money and get your rabbit spayed.

Please check the date on the threads as this was posted in 2008, and it is very unlikely that this will be seen. Please start a new thread so more people will see and respond.

Latest posts

Back