Spayed!! (pics)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADEE

Reaction score
We just now finally got home.. Rain did wonderful according to the vet and im just glad its over with. Waiting to get her spayed has been a huge weight on my shoulders and im glad its finally done. She held her peepee all the way home and as soon as i let her into her cage she jumped right in her litter pan and peed for what felt like forever hahaha.. poor girl had to GO! She also started munching on some hay too which helped me feel a bit better about this being done. I will see how she does in the morning and weigh her pellets and see how much of it she ate. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes, comments and suggestions, just as you all said she did great!

Still covered in betadine
2718144351_a9d641427b.jpg

2718143501_6d590f65ac.jpg

::update:: Im going to take fresh pictures tonight, she has managed to clean herself up and has very little betadine still on her coat and belly. I have released her back to the rest of her cage (she was locked on the bottom level last night and until today at 3:30) and shes happily sitting on the second floor. She seems to be eating fine (not so much pellets) but she ate a nice big serving of hay and romaine, and also drank quite a bit.

Rain really bounced back fast! It must be such a relief to you. The girls don't often start eating immediately like that. And what a cute little belly!:inlove:

I know the relief that you're feeling..it's like a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders! That's how I felt when Alaska was done. I'm so glad she's eating and drinking for you, that a good sign. Are her stitches internal? Her incision looks a lot like Alaska's did.

-I love your bunny's name. I've always wanted to name my daughter (if I have one) Rain :)

:) Thanks everyone!! I let her out of her cage tonight to stretch a little bit and before i could even lock her door in the open position she was already doing binkies.. shes really feeling great considering the obvious!!

It actually looks great considering how recent the spay was. You can also see how much less swollen her belly is. The incision has already created a scab and closed up some too, the scab looks black which makes it look less healed. She still has some bruising but thats expected.

Jo, I wasnt accusing you of doing that at all.. I was just saying it is healing normally and it looks very good considering how recent her spay was. Thats why I did the pictures, so more people can get a look at the process so they can see what is/isnt normal. On the flip side, every rabbit, every vet is different so there are going to be differences :D

Wow, it sounds like she's recovered really quickly!! When my girl was spayed, she hardly moved for like 3 days. I had to make sure I was near her because she just peed where she sat. I hope she continues to recover so well!! :)

awe, im sorry to hear your bun healed so slowly. I wouldve been a nervous wreck if Rain did those things!

Were very pleased with the rate Rain has healed.. shes wonderful for letting me look at her too. Shes already back to her old playful self in her cage. I just gave her a new blankey for her cage and shes already playing and burrowing under it :D even got a video of her doing so. Its like nothing ever happened lol.

Thanks for commenting

It is more invasive then a neuter yes, however getting a female bunny spayed not only keeps her from reproducing but greatly reduces her chances of getting different types of cancer later on in life. We do not have any male rabbits here so it was not at all done to prevent babies, it was done to insure she could have the best chance of having the most normal healthy life she could. We love Rain very much and would be heartbroken if she lost her life to something that could be avoided.

What a super-trooper she is! Way to go, Rain!

When my two girls were spayed (the same day), one bounced back that same night (eating her hay). My other girl required pain med. for several extra days just to coax her to eat. They're definitely individuals. :)

Jenk

Latest posts

Back