Spayed bun still chins

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strax

Reaction score
I have a spayed bunny that will still chin, poop to mark territory, spray, fight to defend cage, ect.

Is this normal? Is it just because she is a grump? Was hoping to buns her with my other bun (they were great friends before they were sexually mature) but obviously not if she continues to be aggressive.

My buns have been fixed for over a year and they still chin and poop (although not excessively) to mark territory. No spraying and no real fighting, though.

How long has she been spayed? If she's still within a month or so of the surgery, the hormones might still be running their way out of her system.

For her it's been about six months, so I don't think it would be hormones still. I'm guessing she is just a plain ol grump!

How old was she when she was spayed? I'm not sure if the research has been done in rabbits but in other species these sorts of behaviors may decrease but don't necessarily go away after spay/neuter as they've already learned to do them.
I've only ever had spayed/neutered rabbits (all adopted that way) and they all chinned things and would poop to mark their territory if they smelled another rabbit.

Latest posts

Back