Spay Area Infected ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SorryBun

Reaction score
I feel so bad it’s been 7 days since her surgery and she is a big girl and it’s hard to carry her. She was eating fine until Wednesday and Thursday after observing she stopped eating. I critical cared her and emailed the vet. What do you thing will happen next ?E2C73C85-82D0-4255-B787-C25437915E2B.jpegC7E10AFA-FE51-47CE-A7BE-0855953B1DC1.jpegF556AF2B-0C17-4715-BC03-949BE0ACF114.jpegC70D0289-8E46-40FF-BC48-542D5590B994.jpeg

If that is a lump, yes, it very likely is infected. Though if there appears to be black or purple discoloration around the incision, there could be bleeding. If you think there could be internal bleeding and/or her condition deteriorates, if your vet has an emergency number I would call it or find an emergency vet that treats rabbits.

If it only appears to be infected and she is taking the critical care feeds(which I would continue with every 4 hours) and doing alright otherwise, hopefully she'll be ok til morning when you can talk to your vet. They will likely need to do another surgery to lance and drain the abscess, then put your bun on rabbit safe antibiotics.

If that is a lump, yes, it very likely is infected. Though if there appears to be black or purple discoloration around the incision, there could be bleeding. If you think there could be internal bleeding and/or her condition deteriorates, if your vet has an emergency number I would call it or find an emergency vet that treats rabbits.

If it only appears to be infected and she is taking the critical care feeds(which I would continue with every 4 hours) and doing alright otherwise, hopefully she'll be ok til morning when you can talk to your vet. They will likely need to do another surgery to lance and drain the abscess, then put your bun on rabbit safe antibiotics.

So it’s not infected but it’s like a hernia the inside part of her stitches opened up and is like coming to the outside part 😭
Now she in an emergency surgery they are reopening and stitching again

Latest posts

Back