Sorry had to get this off my chest!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvMyRabbits

Reaction score
So today I'm going through the pets section on craigslist as I normally do ( Idk why I do it because it breaks my heart everyday seeing all those animals without homes but I do itanyway) So today there is a guy posting asking for homes for 90 cats!!! Yes I said 90 and no hes not a breeder or anything these are all from his cats just reproducing over and over..he says he had a multipication problem with them ( ya think?!?!?? :X ) This really makes me angry when I see things like this so I had to let out my frustration somewhere and since no one around me really feels as strongly as I do about animals I decided to let it out here...

I will never understand for the life of me how people can just let things like this happen...If he would have just taken his cats to be fixed this could have been prevented, I can understand some people may have financial issues that may stop them from getting it done for a certain period of time but how long didheput it offfor there to be 90 cats...sheesh!! There is no way that he is just now realizing theres a problem when thereare so many of them.He had to of known there was a problem but chose not to do anything about it which is so frustrating to me. I feel so horrible about those poor kittys who are more than likely feral cats by now and wont be able to find homes and just be put to sleep =(

What in the world would make someone overlook something like that and just let it continue for god knows how long!! UGH!! Totally irresponsible if you ask me..Okay I feel a little better now..thanks for listening =)

Not condoning his behavior, but 90 cats....pretty darn quick....2 years ago we had two that roamed the neighborhood.....the litter ended up with 6 kittens...now there are 8 cats.....the 5 females total (neighbor had them eating on her deck all the time) each got herself in the family way when they were about 7 months old....the litters totaled 26 kittens when they got done....that's 34 cats total in about 8 months.....a few got hit by cars :( ......the neighborhood was crawling with cats and all of them feral...needless to say alot of them were caught and adopted out or taken in ....but that can show you how quickly that they can get out of control....oh yah and while the babies were all busy putting each other in the family way mama had another litter....I think at one point this little rural neighborhood had probably 50 cats running around if not more

ETA: By the way I have one of the youngest males from the latest litter...he'll be a year old next month and he is the sweetest, most loving adorable silver tabby. He will always be small but he's so affectionate. He proved the vet wrong when we were told he was feral and we'd never be able to keep him.

:X I totally understand how you feel! This kind of stuff makes me fume. It's so unfair to the animals and could have been so easily prevented! I mean, 90 cats?! I can understand how that could happen if they were feral but surely you'd notice so many cats running around the house.

:hug:

Kitties can reproduce fairly quickly... I'm not saying this is what happened in his case, or that it's right, but I've known a few people that this happened to. I grew up in a somewhat rural area. I was in a subdivision that was next to a bunch of farm land, so I knew a lot of people with farms. They would have mouser cats, then other cats would come and go. They started with 12 male cats. They figured that 12 male cats couldn't produce babies with no females present. What they didn't count on were the females from neighboring farms coming over to eat the food they set out for their kitties. After a short while, they had over 50 cats hiding around in their barn. After that, they got their cats fixed. Kittens still wander on over to their farm, though!

Whoa how could they even afford to feed that many for a week, They must be letting them starve in hope they will die:X.

The food wasn't all that much in comparison to how much they spent on the other animals there. The kitties got just enough kibble to get them through if they weren't able to catch any mice in the barn. They were mousers, after all.

This happens around here too, there are tons of black and white cats around that all came from the one house. It's very sad, I have taken in cats that are very sick with cat flu, I live in a rural area too and to be honest people just don't care. You know, if you get a female cat and not spay it and it continues to have kittens, in just 7 years a cat and her offspring can multiply to as much as 45,000 cats!

That is insane.
I know cats reproduce fast, but that is still no excuse.

I know this is dishonest, but have you considered pretending you want to adopt a cat, therefore getting his contact info, and then reporting him? Those cats cannot possibly be living in a healthy situation, and I bet a lot, if not all, of them are inbred. I really think animal control needs to play a part in this.

Latest posts

Back