Sorry for all these post very timid rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo and bella

Reaction score
Hi I have two rabbits who are two years old I took them.on because the person didn't want them because they got a new dog etc had them just over three weeks
Anyway one of the rabbits Oreo since having her she so friendly comes for cuddles and strokes but her sister is another story she is so shy and scared she won't come near me what so ever I've done everything I did with oreo but she still so scared odd time she come near me other time she choices not too Bella not been spayed which that is on the list to get done but could they be any advice thank you in advance

Let her take the time to warm up to you, feed her from your hands and just spending time. She will later get used with you over time, it can take years for some bunnies to warm up to their owner ☺️

Hi I have two rabbits who are two years old I took them.on because the person didn't want them because they got a new dog etc had them just over three weeks
Anyway one of the rabbits Oreo since having her she so friendly comes for cuddles and strokes but her sister is another story she is so shy and scared she won't come near me what so ever I've done everything I did with oreo but she still so scared odd time she come near me other time she choices not too Bella not been spayed which that is on the list to get done but could they be any advice thank you in advance
Hi, is Oreo neutered? Do you have more rabbits around he can smell?

Yeah her sister in a pen in the same room as her
Sorry I probably got it wrong, I first thought Oreo and Bella were brother and sister but now I read it again and looks like they are both girls? So you mean you have Oreo and Bella housed together and there's one more rabbit (sister) in the same room in her pen? So a bit lost if there are two rabbits together and they fight and there's one more so they maybe fight because there's one more rabbit, or there are two in total?

And Oreo was neutered you said, how long ago?
Bella is not neutered and they are sisters you have them for 3 weeks now but they are 2 year old?

Last edited:
Sorry I probably got it wrong, I first thought Oreo and Bella were brother and sister but now I read it again and looks like they are both girls? So you mean you have Oreo and Bella housed together and there's one more rabbit (sister) in the same room in her pen? So a bit lost if there are two rabbits together and they fight and there's one more so they maybe fight because there's one more rabbit, or there are two in total?

And Oreo was neutered you said, how long ago?
Bella is not neutered and they are sisters you have them for 3 weeks now but they are 2 year old?
Oreo and Bella are sisters and they live in separate pens in the same room but the pens are not near each other because they was fighting I recently adopted them three weeks ago from a person who had them.form baby till two from when the person wanted to re-home them Bella was not spayed when Oreo was done because the vet told the previous owner that it wasn't needed there no other rabbits in the house not sure when Oreo was spayed because the person is not 100 per cent sure

Oreo and Bella are sisters and they live in separate pens in the same room but the pens are not near each other because they was fighting I recently adopted them three weeks ago from a person who had them.form baby till two from when the person wanted to re-home them Bella was not spayed when Oreo was done because the vet told the previous owner that it wasn't needed there no other rabbits in the house not sure when Oreo was spayed because the person is not 100 per cent sure

Then you shoukd have the unspayed sister fixed if she's healthy, then wait for her to heal and after that reintriduce the pair as completely new rabbits. As to why one of them is so skittish, it may be that she feels unsafe as she's not fixed, but it can also be that she hasn't befriended you yet. Look up on threads of bonding with your rabbit, spay pre-and aftercare, and then bonding rabbits threads. Over time these should fix the problems.

Am planning to get her spayed asap I have been spending time with her she is more quite then the other one so it taking more time but I have the patience can take aslong as it will need

The same happened whit me- Musti, my sweet docile yet curious bossy lop loved being handled, pet and cuddled with. If you didn't pet him enough, he'd nip you. He could never stay away from people. He was like that from the start.
Storm on the other hand is more skittish and timid. He does not enjoy being lifted and pet, runs away from grooming and nips readily when offended. It takes me loads of ectra effort and time to befriend me.
He's just like a typical true bun. You just get them different. He's too young to be neuterd though, i'm waiting until july when he turns 4.5-5 months old.

Latest posts

Back