Sore eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice!

Loki went to the vet's this morning, and his eye was flushed.The vet said he behaved very well, but that the duct didn't flush aswell as he would like. He might be okay, but if his eye isstill running by next week then he'll need to flush the eye again, butwith Loki under sedation so he can do more.:?

On the upside, Loki's eye was not inflamed and my vet doubted that it was infection. And he gained muscle weight!:D

I had jacques eye flushed a week before hissurgery...She said it was more blocked than usual but "stuff" finallycame out. I knew a couple months ago that I should have it done but putit off because I have had so many vet bills and it wasn't an emergency.If you have it done right when you notice that the eye is gettingweepy... its easier to do. i'm glad Loki is OK..the process soundsworse than it is.

Oh my!! Chilly buns!!

Yesterday morning I checked on the buns to find that the windows hadbeen left open all night.Good thing thetemp didn'tget below 55. All of the buns were tucked and poofed up, but everybunseemed to be fine. And then I checked Benji....both of his eyes werevery runny and were starting to get a bit crusty.

After a few warm compresses and some saline rinse, he seemed to be much better...and happier, too.

Benji seems to be very sensitive to dust and we suspect that he mayhave some alergies, too. He'll have runny eyes for days and then itwill clear up for a week or so until something sets it off again. Wehad him previously treated as if it were an eye infection, but thatdidn't seem tofix the problem. There's not much inflamationeither, except from him grooming/scratching. We're almost convincedthat he needs his ducts flushed and we will get it done as soon as Irecoup a little more from my back surgery.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back