Son going back to school, and BIG snow here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
My son, Mike, is leaving to go back to college this morning. I really hate it when the kids have to go back!!!! I'll be depressed for days, and just want to cry all the tiime. To make matters worse, we're getting a big snowstorm....they're predicting 10 inches or more. I know I'm just whining, but I like to have all of my chicks in the nest. Our youngest will now be completely lost and bummed out, since he and his big brother are best friends. When we moved to this house, they could've each had their own room, but they chose to still share. OK, so now I'm whining AND rambling. Sorry! Just needed to vent a bit.

It's almost like a mini grief each time someone leaves like that. I'm sorry it hurts so much, I hope it eases quickly, and the weather is not too disasterous for you.

Aww I can't even imagine. My son is going to be 3 next month so I have a long time yet before he leaves the nest. But I told my husband that our son isn't ever aloud to leave. lol I'll be really sad too. Him and I are so super close.

I used to tell all of our kids that they couldn't ever leave....then added that I was only kidding....and how it's natural for them to be excited about leaving and all, just like it's natural for me to be a basket case every time one of them leaves again.

Flashy, you are so right....and you described it so well....it is like a mini-grief each time they leave.

The weather didn't turn out to be too bad. We got about 6 or 7 inches of snow, but it looks really pretty. After Michael left, my DH suggested that we walk into town for lunch. It was such a great idea, and it really helped me and John get through those agonizing first few hours. My hubbie is the greatest!

Thanks for your support, guys. Off to shower and then play some computer games!

Latest posts

Back