Somewhat new to rabbit keeping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2many

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been reading here for a while anddecided to join. I have 5 rabbits, 1 buck and 4does. Each member of the family has their own. Mineis Molassis, she is was sold as a harlequin but I'm not sure, DH hasVladimir (also supposed to be a harlequinbutunsure)who will be renamed, we thought she was aboy because she was mounting the other does and fighting withthebuck, but 2 days ago she started building hernest so we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of her babies!My daughters bunnies are: charis has a mini rex named Hopscotch(doe),Sasha has a mini lop named Bunny Hop (doe)and Tatiana has a mini rex cross named Blacky (buck).Molassis is also most likely expecting, we arent' sure when she is in acage with Vladimir they seem to get along really well. Theother three are caged together and bunny hop was bred on April 9th sowe figure on babies in a month from her too.

As a child we hadsome pets, I always lived in the city but wehad chickens at one time as well as bunnies after that. Mydad though eventually butchered our pets as dinner so we simply stoppedasking for pets, we were literally horified at the idea of having a cator dog!:shock: My children know that their bunnies are theirsforever, the full lifespan of the bunny. But I have grown upon rabbit as a food and do like it and depending on the future we mayselect some to breed for that purpose. Our bunnies are keptoutside with lots of play time, they have well built cages with outdoorruns so that they can get lots of excersize and until we know they haveadjusted to us as their friends and owners the kids play with them in aplaypen so that they can't run away. They weren't beingtreated very well (the does) in their previous home, the cages weretiny filthy and no food or water present, bunny hops ears have beenchewed on and hopscotch has scabs that seem to be from wire cuts on herneck and back. They are all pretty scared still, they do liketo be held and cuddled so we make sure they are getting lots of cuddletime! Vladimir wasn't being fed much since the girl didnt'know she was expecting and is quite a bit smaller than Molassis who isthe same age but was given food since she was assumed to beexpecting. This girlhad 3 other does and one buckthat my sister took since she couldn't bear to leave them in thoseconditions!! None of our animals are pedegree but we lovethem anyway. They are now a part of our family I'll list myfull household at the bottom.

Nita Hamilton

1.2.1 Ball Pythons (Osiris, Isis, Demetae, Ulysis if a boy Medusa if a girl)

0.1 Cat (kitty)

1.4Rabbits (Blacky, Molassis, Hopscotch, Bunny Hop,Vladimir)

Charis, Sasha, Tatiana (my 3 1/2 yr old daughters)

Husband Randy

Hi there!
You really are a mum to many!!
Your rabbits sounds luvly and its great that they recive lots of cuddles! But poor them for living in those conditions.
Their lucky to have a luvly family like you now to take really good care of them and i hope you like it here at the forum!

Hope to hear 4rm you soon aand let us no how vladimir goes.

Lots of love
Lauren and Ebony and Fidget
xoxoxox

Latest posts

Back