Something's wrong with my bun:( help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrahmzh

Reaction score
my bunny has stopped eating and drinking yesterday evening. i tried everything and she has shown no interest in the food. so i brought her to the vet last night and the doc told me there was no problems or signs on illnesses. the doc gave me some probiotics and multivitamins to boost her appetite. i've been monitoring and feeding her (pellets + water and hay + water) through a syringe all night. currently its the next morning, and she still has no interest of eating and drinking. what should i do??? im really worried of her health. im thinking of bringing her to the vet again...

Did the vet do a physical exam to check her belly, or check her teeth to make sure it wasn't a dental problem? If it might just be an upset stomach from something your rabbit ate, if you have baby gas drops(simethicone), that will be the first thing I'll try when a rabbit stops eating. But if 3 doses of it, an hour apart, doesn't help get my rabbits back to feeling better by the third dose, then I take them to my rabbit vet. But it doesn't sound like your vet is an experienced rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/(simethicone dosing)

Rabbits that stop eating need a proper physical exam, that includes the teeth. The vet also needs to rule out bloat and a complete blockage, both life threatening. And then the proper GI stasis meds are needed, which is NOT probiotics and vitamins. Rabbits need pain medication(meloxicam) because a rabbit in pain won't want to eat, gut motility meds(cisapride, metoclopramide) to get the GI tract moving, sub q fluids if dehydrated, and a syringe feeding mix for rabbits. And then if something more is found on the physical exam, xrays and/or blood work may be needed.

If you have a more experienced rabbit vet any where near you, I would take my rabbit there. This person has some rabbit vets listed on their site, though I can't say if the vets are any good or not.

https://rabbitbasement.blogspot.com/2014/09/recommended-vets-in-malaysia.html

Latest posts

Back