something wrong with eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nat1234

Reaction score
what's wrong with my bunnies eye i'm super worried

Attachments

• A3C9C7F6-877F-4632-AEA5-9DC3CCC109EC.jpeg
    A3C9C7F6-877F-4632-AEA5-9DC3CCC109EC.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 9A4A97B2-6295-4550-B3A1-E011FC8D7092.jpeg
    9A4A97B2-6295-4550-B3A1-E011FC8D7092.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 13
  • A3CA1A57-F8CE-4442-A63E-05F1CCACC545.jpeg
    A3CA1A57-F8CE-4442-A63E-05F1CCACC545.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12
thank you
i think it happened during an introduction session. my other bunny may have sprayed pee in his eye? i'm not sure

ok so how long could this wait he's had it for a few days
i called the emergency vet and they recommend seeing out regular vet if we can but i'm not sure how soon we can get an appointment in

also is there something i could buy from a pet store to help until i get to a vet

Last edited:
That looks like a prolapsed gland. It appears there is white cloudiness in the eye as well. This can be a sign of a corneal ulcer and infection. It's important to get your rabbit into the vet right away.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Disorder/Harder/Harders_en.htm
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Disorder/Ulcer/Ulc_en.htm
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Disorder/Ulcer/Ulc_en.htm
oh boy
we have a vet appointment for monday is he ok until then

Hopefully, if you aren't able to get in until then. I would make sure to monitor it for any changes and phone the vet office if there is any worsening.

Particularly keep a very close eye on that cloudiness. If that worsens too extensively, it could be the difference of only needing antibiotic eye drops to fix the problem, to having to have surgery to remove a badly infected eye. So definitely don't let that progress.

Hopefully, if you aren't able to get in until then. I would make sure to monitor it for any changes and phone the vet office if there is any worsening.

Particularly keep a very close eye on that cloudiness. If that worsens too extensively, it could be the difference of only needing antibiotic eye drops to fix the problem, to having to have surgery to remove a badly infected eye. So definitely don't let that progress.
is there anything i can do at home to help his eye a bit? also his eyes are half blue so i'm not sure if maybe that's what your seeing or if they're actually cloudy. they look the same as they've been since i've gotten him imo but i have had him for under a month

good news ! the vet believes oliver just snagged his eye on something! also he has a mild case of conjunctivitis so he has eye drops for that !!

so um i think i'm just paranoid but does my other rabbit also have conjunctivitis

Attachments

• 4AE98468-91CA-4C05-A20F-1A17EDEE0713.jpeg
    4AE98468-91CA-4C05-A20F-1A17EDEE0713.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 4
so um i think i'm just paranoid but does my other rabbit also have conjunctivitis
they aren't bonded so they aren't living together but they see each other through a mesh gate and share toys

Latest posts

Back