Something that isn't supposed to be there...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
As i was giving Lümi massage for his uproaring belly (nothing unusual in his diet had happened) j noticed something hard. I seeked it out from underneath the fur and this is what i found:

20200804_163025.jpg

Is that perhaps a crust from a possible bite mark that he might've gotten while on a bunny date?

If so, then is it still safe to keep monitoring bunny dates? The rwaf links say that if some more serious bites occur, bonding should not continue???

I think it is a bite mark and stress can cause GI stasis and being bitten could cause stress. *I you have a "House Rabbit Society'' or a reliable bunny shelter You might want to go to them (give'm a call) and ask for advise right now it doesn't look to good :(

It looks like a bite mark for me, but that is an unusual place for one. They are usually on the back or shoulders. It doesn't look like it is red or swollen in this picture, so likely no infection; you might want to just keep an eye on it and make sure it heals alright.

I think it is a bite mark and stress can cause GI stasis and being bitten could cause stress. *I you have a "House Rabbit Society'' or a reliable bunny shelter You might want to go to them (give'm a call) and ask for advise right now it doesn't look to good :(
😂😂
I'm laughing my guts out because everyone keeps advising me to contact house rabbit society and local rabbit rescues but they haven't thought or looked where exactly out of USA and UK are those rescues avaliable!
😂😂
So no, i have said it before and i say it again, sadly no such places exist in Estonia. Hell, there weren't even any rabbits in ANY of the shelters when we were beginning to look for a bondmate! So i have no idea where to turn for help except this forum! It seems that Estonia's bunny community is even worse than in the Phillipines!

That thing was on the side of his belly, i felt couple of smaller ones on his back too, they don't look so bad, Lümi seems to have a better appetite and poops now, belly also softened and he doesn't rattle teeth anymore.
I wonder still if i should give a couple days rest and then swap out their nightly bases for some nights until i try meeting them again.
Or should i stop completely?

They're both neutered though, but that doesn't stop them from having hierarchial squabbles now does it?

So i ask one more time: should i wait and try bonding some time later or stop?

Latest posts

Back