Something strange happened...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy101

Reaction score
Something really strange happened today. My little sister was playing with her teddy bear. Then Teddy(my rabbit) is going to come and run over to the teddy bear and start circling it. Shes making a honking noise. I don't know what I should do. She was actually trying to mount. Does this mean she likes the teddy bear, or does she not like it. I'm really confused . She has also been acting a little different. I don't know. Or maybe it's just me. Please give me some advice. Should I be concerned..

Is your rabbit spayed? It sounds like hormonal behavior. Circling is what they do to a potential mate. Honking can also be amorous, or it could show annoyance.

Teddy isn't spayed yet sadly... I ask my parents if she can and they said that she would be better off without the surgery since it's "natural" I keep trying to convince them but they don't listen. Plus, there isn't anywhere close by that does it......... I don't know what to do.

The following rabbit rescue is in Harrisburg. It may be a couple hours away but it looks like they have some neat activities coming up. Check out these:
http://thebunnypeople.org/

They would also be a potential resource for a vet reference. You may be able to email them or call them to ask if there are any savvy vets near you.

Are you sure Teddy is a girl?
I associate honking, circling and trying to mount in this combination with bucks.

I'm actually not sure... But it's been a year of me calling her a girl. My grandma checked for me since she use to take care of rabbits years ago. I don't know if she was right though..

Hi! I have a female bunny and she is doing exactly same circling and honking thing. First we also thought it's a male but now I am sure that she is a female. Because breeder and two different vet said it's a girl. So these behavior might be seen also in females. My bunny doesn't have a teddy bear but she started make same moves for a rolled towel suddenly. Then we realised that she is sexually mature. However if she is a girl. You have to spray her because she might develop certain diseases due to not spraying. You also should find a vet who is experienced with rabbits. First vet who we took our bunny said bunnies not tolerate anesthesia good. So we decided to not to then learned about the diseases like cancer and found another vet and she is gonna spray our bunny in a month or two.

Oh
Hi! I have a female bunny and she is doing exactly same circling and honking thing. First we also thought it's a male but now I am sure that she is a female. Because breeder and two different vet said it's a girl. So these behavior might be seen also in females. My bunny doesn't have a teddy bear but she started make same moves for a rolled towel suddenly. Then we realised that she is sexually mature. However if she is a girl. You have to spray her because she might develop certain diseases due to not spraying. You also should find a vet who is experienced with rabbits. First vet who we took our bunny said bunnies not tolerate anesthesia good. So we decided to not to then learned about the diseases like cancer and found another vet and she is gonna spray our bunny in a month or two.

Thank you so much for the advice. I was so sure that she was a girl.

Latest posts

Back