Someone got into his food bin today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callaway

Reaction score
So, we keep callaways food in a Rubbermaid container with a latched lid on the floor next to his cage.

He tries to get in it all the time. He did so once a few months ago because hubby admittedly left the box unlatched. He has made sure its latched ever since.

So my fiancé gets home from work and the lid is off his food bin. We're not sure how much he ate bit his belly is looking mighty round tonight. Is there anything we can do for digestion or is there anything that we should watch out for with his overindulgence?

Crafty little rabbit :)

Keep an eye out for signs of stomach upset-lack of appetite, belly pressing and changing position frequently, sitting hunched up for long periods, eye squinting, just any behavior that seems out of the ordinary. Also keep an eye on the poop. You may want to restrict his diet for a day, to unlimited grass hay and any leafy veggies(no sugary treats) he usually gets, to help move things through his GI tract.

Have some simethicone drops at the ready in case of gas pains by Mr. Crafty Rabbit. There are several brand names for simethicone, depending on which country you're in. The one I have at my house is Phazyme.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1385034340.877972.jpg

I think someone's a little mad his daddy didn't give him pellets. He nosed his greens this morning. He knows something's up :p

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1385034453.996477.jpg

Ellie consistently knocks her food bin over and gets into it. With her, I don't think she's gorging on the food, just eating when the mood strikes. She learned how to pop the top early and when she couldn't reach the pellets in the tin because they were too low, she knocked it over to get into and eat.
It was ridiculous.

So now Ellie's pellet tin is up high where she can't get to it.

Buns are some smart little creatures. Yeah, for callaway it's to eat. Haha. I think pellets are his form of crack. Goes completely crazy when it's feeding time. Then basically inhales it. Fun to watch though.

:) glad he isn't the only one getting into closed food bins.

Latest posts

Back