Someone dissed me for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching the video I’m most concerned that the bunnies will get hurt.

The kids handling them are a bit rough, but that’s only because they handle the bunnies wrong and you need to teach them.

Also humping bunnies, have you neutered and spayed them. Laughing about something that can be really stressful for a bunny and letting kids see it. That’s crossing a boarder in my opinion, especially among young children.

Specially when they pick them up, a bunny can break their own back if they stomp too hard and struggling when being picked up, they can hurt themselves badly.

Myself have 3 bunnies but only one is allowed to be picked up and handled by strangers.

That’s only because he won’t move even though he gets picked up wrong. But I will always correct the posture so they support the bunny correct.

You need to at least keep the bunny safe. I have no problem with kids handling bunnies, letting children pet and interact but at least it should be in a way that’s controlled. In a split second the bunnies can get hurt if handled wrong. They are not as sturdy like dogs and cats.

But at least don’t let them pick them up. Specially in the wrong way holding them and handling them.

You put your rabbits in danger and unsuitable conditions so you can hang out and film kids.

If you don't want to be labelled a predator, don't act like one.

None of your responses make it seem like what you are doing is normal, because there's no reason for you to do what you do other than you want to. You just keep saying "I'm not a predator."
Cool. Doesn't mean you aren't.

It doesn't sound like you got "dissed" by someone for loving rabbits, it sounds like a normal rabbit owner who understands proper rabbit care called you out for exploiting your pets.

I am a school teacher and my rabbit visited my classroom when we studied mammals (I teach preschool Montessori) so I understand that children love rabbits. That being said, it was in far more controlled environment. The students were TAUGHT that loud noises, sudden movements and picking her up were not allowed before she ever came to my classroom. They were allowed to quietly observe her. The children were allowed to pet her when I was holding her. If at any time she had seemed distressed that would have been the end of it.

I think it is ignorant (and somewhat racist) to say that molesters only go to “ghetto Mexican and black neighborhoods”. I was molested as a child while living on a military base. By a white male. And I would not let my personal children near you. What you are doing is, by definition, predatory behavior and I would have called the police. For sure. I don’t photograph or video the children I teach without parent permission, but you think you can film kids in a park?

I agree with others who have said that this behavior isn’t for the bunnies. They don’t love the attention- you do. It is my belief that your put your wants before the welfare of your rabbits. I think we all learned that when your baby rabbits died after you were repeatedly advised not to remove them from the next box to film them while you played video games. (See thread “My female gave birth!”)

Please, please, please consider the fact that your bunnies have feelings and fears and that it isn’t all about you.

You may have noticed that some people have very strong opinions about how rabbits should be kept, and who shouldn't have them. Break ins and stolen rabbits are not rare, but I guess there are not too many idiots that actual become criminals for that. But that isn't even necessary.

I might be paranoid, but you make it very easy to get you in trouble. People with strong opinions can be dangerous, protecting little ones just feels too good. An anomynomous tip to the police, flagging you as child predator or you abusing the rabbits, or claiming you misuse the rabbits as way to touch the kids, well, I'm pretty sure that can get awfully bad stunningly fast for you, wiithout any consequences for the one claiming it.
That videos wouldn't help. Just your rabbits taken, just in case, until you can proof you're harmless (good luck at that) would be the least of it. I've read to much bad things happening in the US because of the plethora of rules, laws, and guidelines, making it too easy to toss someone into trouble too easily.
And you have got 2 quite sensitive matters there.

That little girl in the video of the bunnies humping, have her parents seen that video and know it’s online for everyone to see up her dress? Cuz you filmed up her dress quite a bit in that video...

That little girl in the video of the bunnies humping, have her parents seen that video and know it’s online for everyone to see up her dress? Cuz you filmed up her dress quite a bit in that video...

I’m thinking that her parents haven’t seen that video. And it’s frankly disgusting. I reported it to Youtube.

I live in Lake Forest. Most the parents in my neighborhood aren't super anal about child predators.....
I never ask kids to pet my bunny because it will always come across as creepy. I always get approached by kids anytime I have bunnies with me.....

But I picked up my first bunny from a family, they had a 1-2 yr old daughter, they were totally fine inviting a stranger on Craigslist while their kid was present. Then when I picked up my current female bunny, that lady had like 3-5 kids ranging from 5-12 years old and let me come to her home. I think most reasonable parents have enough common sense to know who is a child predator and aren't gonna go around assuming every single adult male with a bunny is a child predator.
Reasonable people are careful with their kids and don’t presume to think they have special radar that can spot a child predator. It’s not that people assume every adult male with a bunny is a child predator, but it sounds like you habitually go to where kids are, lure kids in with your cute bunnies, and film them, then go online to get public assurance that it’s okay. It’s not okay. That is the very definition of a child predator. I agree with the person who said if you don’t want people to think you are one, stop acting like like one. I’m not saying you are one, but you are projecting yourself as one.

I agree with what was said above that maybe your intentions are good but in this world we live today your actions can be understood wrongly and actually look like a perfect recipe for a big trouble.
You know world changed so dramatically I watched The Wizard of Oz just a couple months ago and I couldn't help there's one episode in today's world this old single man inviting a teenage girl into his home and putting a mask on her eyes today he'd be definitely reported, but then in 1939 no one would think anything wrong, just people were different I guess.

Look, it's just a short episode

So I play at the same Dave and Busters every week as an advantage player, or someone who profits. I got into a heated argument with this high school kid who also goes to the same location on Instagram.

And somewhere in the argument, he says “no one cares about your bunnies” and implies that I’m weird for having bunnies and taking them out to Apple store. But then he says he also has bunnies, but he believes normal people take dogs out not bunnies.

But the thing he fails to realize is anyone who brings a bunny out in public will get swarmed by people. People love bunnies and don’t realize it until they see one. You get soooo much attention even other people noticed and comment how much attention I get. I don’t think he ever brought his bunnies out (if he claims to own them).

And the other time was some paranoid mom got mad at me for taking pictures of my own bunnies while her kids were petting them. Like saying it’s for their safety, making me look like a child molestor. Even though it was obvious I only took pictures of my own bunnies. But she later commented “who takes bunnies to a child’s playground” even though she let her kids pet my bunnies.

But in general most people I encounter love my bunnies and will stop what they’re doing. Most will comment positive things, and say it’s rare to see a bunny in public. But they won’t be like only weird people have bunnies.You’ll get kids come up to you and eagerly ask if they can pet / see the bunny. In general my bunnies can beat out most small cute dogs when it comes to inciting a crowd. I never got anyone comment anything negative like “what kinda retard brings bunnies to a mall”. I dunno what kind of person hates bunnies or associates them with loser owners, I think they have to feel insecure about themselves if they think bunnies are pets for weird people.

I personally thought bird pet owners were the ones who got the vibe of weird person. Or giant lizards. But I don’t give a **** if I saw a macaw or a giant lizard in public I probably wanna see it.

And then there are a few who ask if my bunnies had shots. I dunno if they are supposed to have shots but my two bunnies never bit me. The most they do is kick if they don’t wanna be held.

Taking your rabbits out in public is not weird. People putting their tarantula in a harness and walking them down the street like a dog is weird.

Why is it weird for a tarantula but okay for a rabbit?
Both are exotic species, who prefer to stay close to their burrows and are unsuited to wearing a harness and being walked like a dog.

Rabbits aren't dogs as much as a tarantula isnt a dog.

This fad of taking rabbits into dangerous public spaces is honestly so alarming, and I can't believe how okay so many people are with it.

Can you take your rabbit outside?

100% as long as its a secure and controlled space that the rabbit will enjoy.

But the facts are: rabbits are prey animals. It only takes one off lead dog to kill your pet. It only takes one big fright for a rabbit to die from shock.

Shopping centres are not suitable. Dog parks are not suitable. Loud and busy spaces are not suitable. None of these spaces are enjoyable for an animal. So taking it there is for your own enjoyment not theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back