Someone dissed me for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetFalcon

Reaction score
So I play at the same Dave and Busters every week as an advantage player, or someone who profits. I got into a heated argument with this high school kid who also goes to the same location on Instagram.

And somewhere in the argument, he says “no one cares about your bunnies” and implies that I’m weird for having bunnies and taking them out to Apple store. But then he says he also has bunnies, but he believes normal people take dogs out not bunnies.

But the thing he fails to realize is anyone who brings a bunny out in public will get swarmed by people. People love bunnies and don’t realize it until they see one. You get soooo much attention even other people noticed and comment how much attention I get. I don’t think he ever brought his bunnies out (if he claims to own them).

And the other time was some paranoid mom got mad at me for taking pictures of my own bunnies while her kids were petting them. Like saying it’s for their safety, making me look like a child molestor. Even though it was obvious I only took pictures of my own bunnies. But she later commented “who takes bunnies to a child’s playground” even though she let her kids pet my bunnies.

But in general most people I encounter love my bunnies and will stop what they’re doing. Most will comment positive things, and say it’s rare to see a bunny in public. But they won’t be like only weird people have bunnies.You’ll get kids come up to you and eagerly ask if they can pet / see the bunny. In general my bunnies can beat out most small cute dogs when it comes to inciting a crowd. I never got anyone comment anything negative like “what kinda retard brings bunnies to a mall”. I dunno what kind of person hates bunnies or associates them with loser owners, I think they have to feel insecure about themselves if they think bunnies are pets for weird people.

I personally thought bird pet owners were the ones who got the vibe of weird person. Or giant lizards. But I don’t give a **** if I saw a macaw or a giant lizard in public I probably wanna see it.

And then there are a few who ask if my bunnies had shots. I dunno if they are supposed to have shots but my two bunnies never bit me. The most they do is kick if they don’t wanna be held.

Last edited:
Following, Be back later. I get the weird or callous comments thrown at me routinely. Derogatory remarks about our furry family members or lagomorphs tell a lot about the person making the comment.

I'd say don't worry about the few people who say something negative. There will always be people like that regardless of topic.

For future note, though, I would suggest that you always ask the parent before taking any photos that might include someone's kids. There are, unfortunately, some sickos out there so I can understand a parent feeling uncomfortable with that-- even if the camera's focus is only on the rabbits.

Honestly the mother is right. That behaviour sounds EXTREMELY predatory. You take bunnies to a playground a place for children -there is no real reason for you to be there with rabbits, then you start taking pictures of her kids while they interact with the rabbits. If I was the mother I would have reported you.

I dont think people hate bunnies, or you are being dissed for owning them, most people love bunnies, or simply dont care that you own one. But they are a prey species and are not really an animal well adjusted to going out into crowded places.

Mine love going into the garden but taking them into crowds of people seems like a weird thing to do.

Why are you doing it? Its not for the rabbits benefit. Rabbits like to have hidey holes, space to lounge, quite environments, grass/hay to graze and to feel safe. Most dogs I know wouldn't like to be in a Mall or an Apple store.

Rabbits aren't accessories to pass around for popularity. There's a lot of risk associated with having rabbits live high stress lifestyles like that.

I see some people who take their rabbits to the park, as a way of letting them graze grass, but there's a high chance they can die of fright or worse get attacked by a dog.

Honestly the mother is right. That behaviour sounds EXTREMELY predatory. You take bunnies to a playground a place for children -there is no real reason for you to be there with rabbits, then you start taking pictures of her kids while they interact with the rabbits. If I was the mother I would have reported you.

I dont think people hate bunnies, or you are being dissed for owning them, most people love bunnies, or simply dont care that you own one. But they are a prey species and are not really an animal well adjusted to going out into crowded places.

Mine love going into the garden but taking them into crowds of people seems like a weird thing to do.

Why are you doing it? Its not for the rabbits benefit. Rabbits like to have hidey holes, space to lounge, quite environments, grass/hay to graze and to feel safe. Most dogs I know wouldn't like to be in a Mall or an Apple store.

Rabbits aren't accessories to pass around for popularity. There's a lot of risk associated with having rabbits live high stress lifestyles like that.

I see some people who take their rabbits to the park, as a way of letting them graze grass, but there's a high chance they can die of fright or worse get attacked by a dog.

Yeah, but you were never there. There were several other parents there too, none of them asked me to delete pictures or think I was a predator. It was only one mom out of hundreds of other parents I met who got paranoid, even her husband tried to calm her down and didn't say anything to me. But every other parent is totally fine with me, all the parents / kids approach me asking to pet my bunny. I never approach kids and show them my bunny, maybe that would be weird. I just keep to myself, I just know people will react when they see a bunny.

I take pictures of them and sometimes kids may be around. Some of the kids just walk up to my bunnies when they see the other kids do so.

Myself also have taken my bunnies out in places where people are. Like the play grounds and the lake, because it often have just grass that are untreated with not that much other plants growing in it.

But it’s different in my country, most kids will just look and people also look and point but won’t go up and ask to pet.

The only people that ask to pet my bunnies are neighbours and their kids. Don’t happen often, had a kid that thought my french lop was a dog. She said:

“I love dogs that have ears hanging down.”

Told her it was a bunny and not a dog, she was surprised a bunny could be so big.

It’s a lot bigger chance for me getting attention walking around alone and have kids run up and asking questions than walking around with my bunnies.

It’s like you have a pet, respect the distance and keep away. It’s more like I have to take the step to get someone pet my bunnies and come up close. But I rather keep the distance, to let my bunnies enjoy whatever they are doing.

Even though all my bunnies are couch potatoes, that love cuddles.

But I can understand some people getting worried when you take pictures of the kids with the bunnies. Best would be asking for the parents consent if it’s okay or just focus on the bunnies [emoji5]

Myself would never take any picture with random kids in it. If I don’t get any consent from a guardian [emoji4]

I think there is plenty of opportunity to take pictures of your rabbits when there are no children around, or simply go somewhere where there are no kids..instead of you know.. a playground where children are definitely going to be. they are children, of course they want to see the rabbits.
Surely you can see how strange that must look, I mean, look at what you are doing. If a fully grown man stood outside a playground with a puppy all the time for no reason I would also find it very strange.

I personally would be uncomfortable with the concept.

Also the idea of swarming rabbits with hundreds of parents is alarming in itself. Again these are sentient little beings, not accessories. If you want to share the love of rabbits with people, look into doing so in a controlled and safe way- volunteer. Join an organisation (like the one linked above) instead of dragging your bunnies into stressful , dangerous or inappropriate situations.

A couple of general rules.
- No matter how good your intentions, don't take pictures of kids without their parents permission.
- Don't post those pictures online without the same permission.
- If you are an adult male don't hang around playgrounds where children are playing unless you have kids with you yourself

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now. You could be the most decent person in the world and not have any more bad objective than wanting your rabbit to play with kids and maybe brightening up some child's day. You could be Jesus himself come down from on high, or Mr. Rodgers, or the President of the United States. It doesn't matter. If you break these rules no matter what your goal, no matter how good and pure your motives, you will be seen as a creep and if you do it repeatedly the police will probably get called on you.

A couple of general rules.
- No matter how good your intentions, don't take pictures of kids without their parents permission.
- Don't post those pictures online without the same permission.
- If you are an adult male don't hang around playgrounds where children are playing unless you have kids

There is no law saying an adult male can’t go to a park without kids. This is just a general neighborhood park with a large playground. I usually just sit with them at a table not really telling kids I have them.

most this parents know me and know I’m not a child predator. Most of them aren’t that shallow to believe every single male adult is a child predator. Family members like uncles can child predators too.

Maybe you’re just some shallow person who thinks everyone must have a kid to be at the park. Or stupid. I live in that neighborhood so it’s my right to use my own neighborhood park. There isn’t any rule that says you must have a kid or be subject to being a child predator. My neighborhood is upper middle class, mostly white and Asian people. It’s not some ghetto Mexican neighborhood park where child molestors may hang out.

I think there is plenty of opportunity to take pictures of your rabbits when there are no children around, or simply go somewhere where there are no kids..instead of you know.. a playground where children are definitely going to be. they are children, of course they want to see the rabbits.
Surely you can see how strange that must look, I mean, look at what you are doing. If a fully grown man stood outside a playground with a puppy all the time for no reason I would also find it very strange.

I personally would be uncomfortable with the concept.

Also the idea of swarming rabbits with hundreds of parents is alarming in itself. Again these are sentient little beings, not accessories. If you want to share the love of rabbits with people, look into doing so in a controlled and safe way- volunteer. Join an organisation (like the one linked above) instead of dragging your bunnies into stressful , dangerous or inappropriate situations.

I would take them to the beach or Los Angeles if I can. There are def more adults in 20-30s who love seeing my bunnies. Kids are just more likely to wanna see them but young legal aged girls in their 20s really love bunnies. The park is just closer, I don’t live in the city I live in a suburb mostly with families.

plus my neighborhood is not ghetto. We don’t have child molestors, they usually at some low income neighborhood park full of Mexicans or black people.

So you gonna call the cops and report there is an adult man chilling with bunnies at the park. I don’t always go the park, it’s just close by my home. I will take them to a shopping center most the time.

Last edited:
Do what you want. That is your choice. And I am making the assumption that you are just a normal person who likes rabbits, not a pervert.

It doesn't matter.

There are reasons that kids don't go trick or treating anymore in this country. There are reasons that parents don't let their kids walk home from school alone anymore. There are child predators in every neighborhood and every demographics. You can just as easily say Millionaire and Clergymen as Blacks and Mexicans. Exactly the same percentage of perverts.

And while there are no laws against hanging out and talking to kids in a playground, IT DOESN'T MATTER. All that matters is the perception of the parents in said park.

Last edited:
You mentioned tons of videos on your instagram and youtube channels so I just googled jetfalcon and I have to completely agree with the parents that don't want you to film their children so you can post a video like 'Bunnies humping in front of kids'!

In the other video of kids playing with your rabbits it doesn't look your rabbits are happy, they rather look scared and confused

I'm kind of all over the place with my opinions on this whole thread.

First of all, I agree with getting parent's approval for a picture. I obviously don't have kids but if I did, I certainly wouldn't want pictures of them taken/posted online. It's not because I believe the person taking the picture is a perv/has bad intentions but I know I would want my child to be the one to decide if they want their picture taken or posted. Some kids love the spotlight but other kids get very uncomfortable. Kids should also be given the option of whether they want to put themselves on the internet in the first place. I've read about things kids or their parents posted about them affecting them when they go to apply to college or get a job.

I don't know if taking pets out is common where you live but in Iowa, I rarely see pets out shopping/at the park. Everyone has the right to use the park, that's a no brainer. When I take my little sister to the park I rarely pay attention to the people that are actually at the park. That may just be my small town, nothing bad happens here mindset talking though. Some people visit parks to just get out of the house. We all know what being cooped up feels like.
There are reasons that kids don't go trick or treating anymore in this country. There are reasons that parents don't let their kids walk home from school alone anymore. There are child predators in every neighborhood and every demographics. You can just as easily say Millionaire and Clergymen as Blacks and Mexicans. Exactly the same percentage of perverts.
This is all true. While it is incredibly unfair to ever assume someone is a child molester or a perv without a lick of proof, we would all be dumb if we were naive to the fact that this is the type of screwed up world we live in. Where women have to be taught self-defense to get by, girls in my high school find it necessary to carry at least pepper spray in their bags, or how we have to accept that nothing will stop us from getting treated as objects. Kids have to check their Halloween candy, they have to constantly be alert, and they can't go anywhere without parents as they could 20 years ago. What happened to kids being kids? I got incredibly off-topic here, sorry.

Don't let people get to you about your love for bunnies. There are constantly people who don't have anything better to do than put people down.

Wait. You are FILMING children and putting it on YouTube...thats VERY WRONG.

Do NOT film other people's children and put it on social media. That is 100% a grey area. Just because you're rabbits are in the video doesn't make it okay.

Whatever the intention, that is a boundary that you are crossing.

As for taking your rabbits to the mall, why are you taking them there? As poopy poo points out, your pets do not seem to be enjoying it.

I know of people who take their rabbits out, on occasion, to places that are safe, and quiet, and somewhere that the rabbits can roam around and enjoy.

Very very few rabbits enjoy being handled, so I don't know why you are exposing rabbits to a lifestyle that they are in no way suited to for the most part.

People love bunnies, and you love attention.

Please think about how any of this benefits the rabbits and maybe find a way of ensuring their wants and needs are placed at the forefront of your actions

I do have a bit of experience with this.

A guy I knew a few years back was schizophrenic. He was fine when he took his meds, but he didn’t like them, and when he was off them he became a bit loopy.

About 10 years ago he went off his meds and decided to spread the religion he had started. He went to parks and playgrounds and school yards and gave kids a $5 bill if they listened to him talk about the glories of God.

One thing led to another, a parent asked their kid where they’d gotten the money. The kid told their mom about Chad. The parent called the cops. The cops arrested my future roommate, took a mug shot, and questioned him. Of course the police quickly realized that Chad was harmless and mentally ill. They dropped him off at the hospital and told him if they ever picked him up again they would charge him with trespassing.

The thing is the local newspaper then published his name and mugshot as well as just enough info for parents to be concerned. Basically, playgrounds, kids, police. The fact that he did nothing wrong or that he was sick was never mentioned.

Long story short, he had to change his name because the first article any potential employer, girlfriend, landlord saw when they googled him, was a picture of his mug shot and an article about him inappropriately hanging around children.

Do what you want. That is your choice. And I am making the assumption that you are just a normal person who likes rabbits, not a pervert.

It doesn't matter.

And while there are no laws against hanging out and talking to kids in a playground, IT DOESN'T MATTER. All that matters is the perception of the parents in said park.

ya but most child molestor news you here in So Cal it’s usually a ghetto park.
You mentioned tons of videos on your instagram and youtube channels so I just googled jetfalcon and I have to completely agree with the parents that don't want you to film their children so you can post a video like 'Bunnies humping in front of kids'!

In the other video of kids playing with your rabbits it doesn't look your rabbits are happy, they rather look scared and confused

I just think it’s funny how kids react when my bunnies were humping. Adults too, my bunnies got it on at the shopping center and everyone saw it, one guy was like “well they’re bunnies”.

But the kids make up the craziest things of what they could be doing. One kid said they were massaging each other. Some said leapfrog. Some the older kids close to 10 years knew what was going on but the parents were like don’t tell the other little kids.

One parent commented to her toddler saying “are they being silly” because the toddler was laughing at them.

I never had a parent get mad at me for my bunnies humping. They just laugh and giggle and make up whatever story they want to their kids.

I live in Lake Forest. Most the parents in my neighborhood aren't super anal about child predators. Alot of them don't supervise their kids when they play, like to the point that kids approach me and I don't even see their parents at all.

That incident was like one time in the 1.5 years I owned my bunnies. I'm more worried about stupid parents who will think the worst and blindly assume their fears, and get authorities involved and lie to cops and use citizens arrest. If that lady tried to call the cops, I think all the parents would have had my back b/c they all saw what she did, but no one agreed with her. But I think she decided to stop pursuing me because nobody was taking her side, not even her husband. I never ask kids to pet my bunny because it will always come across as creepy. I always get approached by kids anytime I have bunnies with me. Or millennial or Gen Z who want their Instagram moment.

Most those parks in North County of OC look like the types of park that show up on the news whenever there is a child molester story. Like Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim, Fullerton, inland HB.

But I picked up my first bunny from a family, they had a 1-2 yr old daughter, they were totally fine inviting a stranger on Craigslist while their kid was present. Then when I picked up my current female bunny, that lady had like 3-5 kids ranging from 5-12 years old and let me come to her home. I think most reasonable parents have enough common sense to know who is a child predator and aren't gonna go around assuming every single adult male with a bunny is a child predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back