Some tips please (bonding)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juier58

Reaction score
I have two rabbits which I am attempting to bond. This happens in a neutral space and I am taking it slowly.
I have looked at a lot of advice about what you need to do in regard to toys and blankets etc and all say get brand new stuff and do a deep clean. What I would like to know is if you wash things like blankets if that would be enough? It would help keep the cost down and the ones I have are in good condition. I know this might seem kind of trivial but I want to get it right when the time comes

To neutralize blankets, wash with vinegar.

But if you have blankets in each of the rabbit's spaces, you can also swap them. Put the blanket from one rabbit in the enclosure of the other rabbit (and vice-versa). This -- so the theory goes -- allows each rabbit to get accustomed to having the other one's scent in their space.

It is once they are fully bonded and are ready to share one enclosure permanently that you want everything as neutral as possible -- most especially if that enclosure used to belong to just one of the rabbits.

Latest posts

Back