Some one help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun~Bun

Reaction score
Well, I whent to get the cage my friend had.Well guess were it was? Out side!! Good lord, that was so gross!! Itwas filled whith old bedding and water from the storm we had. Itsmelled terrible. I had to drop near the woods to throw up. I was aboutto in the truck.
And boy did I wash the hell out of it!! Antibatrial Soap,residue break up, and blasted it whith the water from the water hose. Irepeated the same proceedure probably 4 times!! Becuase the rabbit usedbedding for the floor and not a litter box, there was alot of the urineresidue and stains. I chiszled it as much as I could till my fingersbled. Any ways the top wire is fine - the bottom only worries me.Bun-Bun has a little bit of old permant residue in one of thecorners of his cage, but it doesn't come up and it never bothers him.And both Cocoa and Bun have it in the bottom of their litterboxes.

It's sanitized I asure you, but any thing else I should do?
image082645amseptember302006yv0.jpg

I tried my best.

Did you try vinegar to wash it up? I mix water and vinegar in a spray bottle and use it for cleaning.

Sometimes those stains are so set in the plastic that theyre impossible to get out, but its worth a try.

Also, I would recommend putting something down on the floor so the bunnies have traction. Straw mats work great!

I'd say put vinegar and water in it and let itsit for a few hours (you might want to do this outside) and then tryscrubbing it once more before washing it off (soap will help get rid ofthe vinegar smell). If it doesn't take it off, then I say it's fine.After all, then it's just stains in the plastic. It may not look thebest but it is clean. And I agree with the straw mats of something ofthat sort, and it will cover up those unsightly stains.

Thanx guys!! I do have several straw mats(Made for bunnies too!!).
I gave Cocoa Bun-Bun's cage. It's perfect for him. I noticed- this new cage is a VERY BIG cage. I could fit both of them in there!!Even though, Bun-Bun is nice to Cocoa, he mounts too much. Bun-Bun'sslightly over weight and bigger. So I gave it to him.
I'm so happy for them. Right now their busy licking them selves.Bun-Bun broke a nail in the tub and I couldn't even put shampoo onCocoa - he's got MANY flea bites. When I rinced him - blood all overhim. It was like a horror movie. At least it'll feel better having theflea waste off of him.:)

I had a cage that was so much caked with urine (it came with a bunny I rescued ).

I used straight viniger in it and every single stain came off; with lots of scraping involved.

Yes yes yes...completely agreed!

We've had GREAT experiences with using just straight white vinegarto clean our buns' things. You might not need to do muchscraping if you just fill it (as high as the stains, etc. go) withstraight white vinegar, and let it soak for about half anhour. You'll LOVE the result!! :D

Let us know how it goes!! :)

Tatum wrote:
I used straight viniger in itand every single stain came off; with lots of scraping involved.

Latest posts

Back