Some NON-furry scaley beasties (Caution to the scardey cats)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tortoises and wish i could get one but noooo more animals any time soon and ive got a few on my list (reptile wise) i REALLY want to aquire well before a tortoise... even though id really like one of those haha, leopard torts are cute so are stars and oh the list goes one....

Sorry dont have many pictures of the beardies for you!

ReptilepicsMay10021.jpg

Kitten-Beardies012.jpg

Kitten-Beardies015.jpg

Lolab4after026.jpg

And their home, which I might add... required us to take doors off their hinges to get it into the house....

The top picture is a Sulcata Tortoise, from Africa they are the 3nd largest tortoise in the world. They are the largest tortoise on mainland, not a island, they reach 100-200 pounds. We have two! I love the beardie pics!! I used to have one, he was the biggest beardie I have ever seen. His name was Big Daddy and his favorite thing to do was chase my cats. :D I love your set up!

Yeah i dont know if the dogs could handle living with a tort thats bigger then they are :p

You should smuggle me some Phillipine sailfins since youre in florida where the 2 breeders are.... None of them up here and their not even CITES :(

We dont have much for tort choices up here, not even counting the fact that their 20x the price here and most of the ones we have were illegal imports.

Wow! Love all the pics of the reptiles! Your little firecracker girl is magnificent! I could stare at her all day. Your favorite man would be fun to hang out with, I bet! Your pics make me want to get a snake! I could never do it though.. maybe when my daughter is older. :)

Those snakes are cool. I am not too into beardies. But I love snakes. I love the ball pythons as they stay small, they get about 5-6 feet long.

My brother had an albino burmese python, I was scared of her size, she knew it and respected it. When my brother held her, I would pet her. She was very beautiful, a very pretty yellow(albino).

Crystal - Wow Jake is stunning, LOVE the pinks, I hope my little pastel girl colours up like that! And thats the reason I put warnings in my topics, if people are going to have a tantrum they can leave.

Pythons, especially balls and bloods are way to stubby for me, Then they either have a bad attitude or go off food for 9 months lol I love my boas and will always stick with them, even though 1 of them isnt anything like the others, shes still a boa ;) My amazon will stay small she wont get longer then 5 or 6ft... if that, but she will only weigh maybe 500g full grown... Where as My argentine, i can see her topping out around 40lbs... porker.... She better not get that heavy, time to cut back the rats! I keep my guys very lean, there are WAY to many chunky snakes out there that are always being over fed... rolls on a snake are really quite ugly....

The eating is what I love most about the boas. If you let Jake have his way he could pound down 4 large rats every 4 days and be the happiest snake on the planet. I can't remember what the guy called him when I bought him, I kept thinking he said a pastel hogg island hybrid..... I know he's a pastel for sure, but I was told def not on the hogg island lol. So dunno. He will have turned 2 rescently or soon. And the pics above are him in his dark phase.

207466_529931353130_196901155_30788204_7142846_n.jpg

thats a slightly lighter phase. He was black when I got him, and he'll get a super light gray, and then back to the brown.

I would kill to have your first boa lol

oooooo I love Jake! Oh how I miss having snakes. I used to have one that would do all my daily chores with me. Her fav was laundry out of the dryer. lol

The amazon has an amazing feeding responce, she would eat anything in sight as often as possible... My albino is a little pickyer, usually only eats once a month, the argentine girl eats all the time, shes got an attitude however, the argentine baby is being tube fed as he refuses to take ft prey and i purchased him unstarted... oh well, the hypo holds onto her food about an hour before she starts to swallow it, and the "normal" is finally eating after going off food for 4 months.
I dont feed my guys every week, I dont want fat snakes lol.

And i hate the word "pastel" for snakes, their so mislabled, so poorly bred that what once was a true pastel has been so mucked with, Jeff Roones Pastel Dreams are probably the only real pastels out there, there are however TONS of amazing looking normals with light colouring that are always called pastels but genetically TECHNICALLY are not actual pastels, but whatever *sigh* I would never buy a snake or pay more for one labled as a pastel, That normal girl was a pastel as the breeder says but i refuse to call her that despite all her light colouring and pink shading.

Why would anyone have a tantrum at snake pics?!?

Stunnng, absolutely amazing pictures everyone. I love snakes and have only touched one in my whole life, when I was in Australia.

NZminilops wrote:
Why would anyone have a tantrum at snake pics?!?

Stunnng, absolutely amazing pictures everyone. I love snakes and have only touched one in my whole life, when I was in Australia.
This is the flufffy little bunny world :p you never know what some people might say about creepy scaley things that some people feed bunnys to.

I will try and update with new pictures from tuesday either today,tomorrow or whenever i regain conciousness from my practicum shifts.

You keep people as pets over there Alicia?

Meh, as much as I like rabbits, all animals are equal in my books and they all have to eat. Snakes are awesome XD. I'm an animal and I eat meat!

Love them, especially your Argentines. My husband should fear the reptile show in October lol. Hopefully I'll be bringing home at least 1 boa.

JadeIcing wrote:
Also a large portion of people shouldn't be kept as pets.
This is why I wont have children ;)

Rina - I have to take back what I said about the baby argentine on the first page
I Lied... They both have REALLY bad attitudes haha.
Got pictures of them being butt heads together from tuesday

Awww, they're all adorable! My bf has his little normal ball python, Charlie, who's about 1.5 years old already (feels like we got him not that long ago, he had the tiniest little head and cutest little eyes *squeee!*)

Latest posts

Back