Softwood Pellet Litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
I have been reading good reviews about using softwood pellets for litter for bunnies, so i decided to give it a try. Bella has a habit of eating everything in front of her, so i showed her one piece and she was already going at it. I was just wondering if it is 100% safe for her, and if it would cause any harm if she ate it? I attached a picture of the brand and on the website it says its fine to use for pet litter (but nothing about if its safe if consumed)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-194927_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-194927_Chrome.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 11
I would not let her consume that. That could be very dangerous. What litter is she using now and does she eat it? If you’d prefer this you could try a litter box that has wire over it. I know it’s not the best solution as wire is bad for rabbit feet but a wire box would be better than her ingesting the litter.

By handing her one piece, of course she thought it was a treat. Try putting a layer of it in a large litterbox and top it with hay. Bet she'll go for the hay.

Latest posts

Back