Soft Fecal Pellets photo attached please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hayden ate about two cups of parsley and 1/4 cup of pellets since yesterday. We haven't seen him munching hay yet but I think he's finally getting back on track. The vet ordered some lower GI tract stimulant but maybe we don't need it.
Love reading this!

Floyd2019, has he ever been tried on a dewormer? Sometimes irregularities in a rabbits droppings can be due to an intestinal parasite. Even if a fecal float were to come back negative, there can still be a worm load that needs treating. I would try fenbendazole, 20mg/kg once a day for 5 days, then 10 days off, then one more dose. I've known of other rabbit owners that have had persistent unexplained health and poop issues with their rabbits, and had it clear up after giving a dewormer. So something to consider. I'm including a link on pinworms, but it won't necessarily be pinworms that could be affecting your rabbit. It's just the most common intestinal parasite for rabbits to get.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Parasitic_diseases/Pass/Pass_en.htm

@EricaWD has your vet done a thorough dental exam to rule that out as the possible cause for your rabbit not eating hay? Dental problems causing mouth sores is the most common health cause of a rabbit not wanting to eat hay but being willing to eat other foods like pellets and veggies.
He hasn't been checked for worms at all or parasites. His poo is definitely weird but he's eating and behaving normal. Even just watched him eat some cecotropes straight out which made my heart leap for joy. I'm going to attach a photo and maybe you can tell me if his poo looks like it could be parasites? It's definitely odd!20190724_234740.jpg 20190724_233602.jpg 20190724_203322.jpg

Latest posts

Back