So we are getting close to the 24 hour mark of a new baby bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpuckett

Reaction score
So I am beginning to breathe again. For the past 16 hours I have just been waiting. Watching. "Will she poop? What about eat? Is she gonna drink? Oh the waiting is making me crazy!!!"

But Houston, we have poop! Well, a poop. Not particularly hard or soft, pretty normal looking (like I am some sort of poop analyzer. "Well, this poop here, this is a middle of the road poop...") And we have a small amount of pee. And we are drinking, and eating pellets (and also litter, if you read my other post in nutrition/behavior). No hay eating yet, but it seems like things may be moving okay, so I am trying not to panic.

My fiance, of course, is much calmer than me on things like this, also he is slightly concerned that I know so much about rabbit poo. I told him that since rabbits are prey animals that they don't show sickness until too late typically and that watching income, outgo, and behavior are the best ways to catch things early. Pretty sure he just thinks I like poop now though. :vacuum:

LOLOLOLOL
I know how that feels!
My whole family probably had the same concerns about me. When I traveled, I used to ask them to send pics of my bunny - and of his poo....
I think it's part of being a good bunny parent, becoming an expert in bunny poo.. LOL:D:dunno:foreheadsmack::litterempty::litterfew::litterhealthy:

HAHA my whole family I think thinks I'm crazy too. Oh well, us bunny people..

Isn't it funny that one day poop is gross, then you get a rabbit, and suddenly poop is...well just poop. I've never looked at and studied so much poop in my life! :rofl:

I know! Before Fraggles I could not stand poop. But I do believe there is a difference between rabbit poop and other poop. We had a neighbors teenage daughter over and she say some bunny poop and picked one up. When I told her what it was she said "Really?" "You could throw this at people".....Then she looked at me and said "How many of these do you have" ROFL!!!

I know! Before Fraggles I could not stand poop. But I do believe there is a difference between rabbit poop and other poop. We had a neighbors teenage daughter over and she say some bunny poop and picked one up. When I told her what it was she said "Really?" "You could throw this at people".....Then she looked at me and said "How many of these do you have" ROFL!!!

Rabbit poop really isn't "poop" to me. It is an amalgamation of hay and water with pellet paste. It does come out of a bunny bum, but that mixture can say what a rabbit can't sometimes. Although sometimes I think that the placement of those pellets is the vengeful part (such as pooping anywhere but the litter box XP). Which, is still probably pretty gross to the outside world, anyways.

Just think of how it is for a dog owner who has to go through dog poop because the dog ate an expensive ring or something. UGH :yuck:

Ick, to me dog poop is bothersome. But not the cleaning or inspecting. I think it was just growing up in the middle of nowhere as I did, I can remember a time or two of being out running and playing and stepping bare-foot into a squishy dog pile. :thud:

In other news, I did want to let everyone know two things. The baby girl is eating, drinking, and pooping like a champ. I am honestly scared to say anything about how smoothly litter box training is going because I am afraid to ruin it. Also, my cat is way too interested and that has been stressful, though I think really he just wants to clean her (so says the fiance) but I am certain he is training to taste her!

Oops, I lied one more thing. I think we are pretty firmly set on Pip as a name. Because of two things really, first my household is a huge fan of Farscape and originally we going to go with Chiana, as she is monochrome schemed and kinda peppy like the little girl. But the one black hotot ring just makes me think of a monocle, which makes me think of fancy British men saying "Pip pip, tally ho" and such (which I hope no one takes offense to). Any other Farscape fans (all two of you, besides me :p) know that Chiana's nickname is Pip, so it works out with keeping our pet names in line with the show, as well as totally fitting her strange bunny attitude.

Well...That was not a short post after all. (will post pictures when I can get my freaking phone to upload them. 0.o)

Hope you all are well,
Rae

So I'm trying to get my muddle of a brain to work today and figure out what I want to say.

Rabbit poop isn't that gross to me. It's dry, not stinky and made mostly of hay and pellets. Cat poop, kind of gross... haha. Gecko poop also not too bad, once it dries out. Poop when it's wet grosses me out. All in all rabbit poop isn't all that bad. I'd rather deal with that than dog or even baby poop. haha

Oh and congrats on your new little girl. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back