So I'm thinking....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
The fact that sparks just show from underneath the microwave when there was absolutely NOTHING metallic in it might not be a good thing? LOL Guess its time for a new one.

Flat open metal actually does nothing in a microwave. You can microwave spoons, forks, etc.. They may be a bit warm to touch afterward but they won't do anything. It's stuff like tinfoil and metal lined wrappers (my sister threw an arby's sandwhich in with the wrap on and made some interesting sparks) or enclosed containers with metal that cause the trouble.

forks and spoons can do something. flowers also catch fire in the microwave and can create sparks.( my ffa advisor/ ag teachers idea). We almost burned down the ag building. Thats what she get for not listening to me, can I say I told you so. lol

I have microwaved many forks with no issue and my mom regularly leaves whatever metal thing she was using to stir in a bowl and then microwaves it. :dunno

Latest posts

Back