So Angry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
I spent most of today at the hospital and thenat my folk's house. Last night, my sis (20) got into a caraccident.:cry4: She doesn't remember much, but what she does rememberthat she saw lights coming straight at her in her lane, she swerved toget out of the way, spun out, saw a tree coming, swerved to avoid thetree, and then she hit the tree on the front driver side. Her face hitthe side window. She broke 2 ribs, her jaw, her left cheekbone, herleft ocipital bone that surrounds her eye,and her face had tohave a ton of stiches from the glass. She also got stiches in her righthand. Her eye is swollen shut, but she can see out of it (thank god)but it's all bruised and purple (the eye itself). Now, I know accidentshappen and that it's the weekend of New Years, but what REALLY grindsmy gears is that the a-holes stopped, PULLED OVER to see what happened,AND THEN TOOK OFF! :growl:How could someone do that?!?! Mysis was bleeding profusely from the head and they frickin' took off?What COWARDS!! The cops know this from the tire marks on the ground.Luckily, someone called the police and they dashed right over (she wasunconscious). Now, she has to get facial surgery on Friday and it'sgoing to be 3 months until she makesa full recovery. I'm SOglad she's alive! However, I want to catch those punks, and lock themin a room w/ me, my bro (16), and my husband so we can beat the livingcrap out of them/him/her/whatever.:rant: So please, ifeveryone could say a prayer for a New Year for my sister, I wouldappreciate. And one for my parents...my bro just got in a car accidentthe night before. It wasn't as bad and he was the passenger (and hesaved the driver's life by holding her back in her seat) but he'sprobably got whiplash (slight case) and a concussion. :(

Please also say a prayer that these punks will get caught!

That's why I'm spending my New Year's Eve in today. Too many crazy drivers out.

My parents were even freaking about me going out today...I think it'sbecause (1) of what just happened (2) no sleep makes your nervesfrazzled (3) my cousin died from a car wreck when he was 23

Man if it's not one thing, it's another.

I hope everyone has a good and a SAFE holiday.:pray:

What an awful thing to have happened. Your poor sister (and your poor parents!)

I'll be praying for your sister and your whole family.

-Haley :pray:

Good point...I tell people not to drive onChristmas night, the weekend before Christmas' nights, New Years Evenight, Thanksgiving night, etc. I keep my family in fromabout just before sundown on out. It's just not worth takingthe risk with how many jerks drink too much (or really, anything) andthen think they're okay to drive. When will people learn?!

All that aside...

My love and prayers for you and your family. That'shorrible...I hope things improve for you guys, soon, and my loveespecially to your sister to help her heal. Give her a hugfor all of us here on RO, okay?

Much love and hugs,

Rosie*

OMG how terrible for your family...I hope thatyour sister recovers as fast as can be expected. What is strange isthat I was an eyewitness to an accident this afternoon. A girl made aleft turn in front of me ...her car zigzaged out of control ..she wentoff the opposite side of the curbthrough a bunch of trees anddisappeared. I immediately followed her car andhercarwas sitting on a front lawn. She was very young, andeither her brakes gave out or she hydroplaned (its raininghere) ....anyway she was all shook up but had no injuries.The driving here will be deadly tonite as it is rain turning to sleet.

I can't believe that someone would leave your sister in that condition. I can't relate with those kind of people who only think ofthemselves.I can only imagine how you feel about the people who justdrove away..very hard to imagine people so hard and selfish. Anyway Ihope that she does aOK and recovers from such a terrible accident.

Lalena, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister,and will be adding my prayers to a very fast and full recovery.Unfortunately my family was affected by a hit and run several years agoas well. My ex-sister-in-law had been walking to a bus stop afterleaving a wedding reception, and a car driven by a drunk driversuddenly came around the corner and struck her full force. Apparentlythe driver stopped, sat there for a moment, and then sped off. Someonein a nearby house saw this and managed to call police and an ambulance,but Colleen was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver turned out tobe a young guy who'd actually been at the same wedding reception...hehad been working the bar and had a few himself before leaving theparty. He turned himself in to police two days later; I never did hearhow much the entire thing affected him (as I'm sure it did), but ourfamily was devastated.

I too was left at the scene of an accident once, though it was abicycle accident, not car. I was cycling to work and another cyclist -who was actually ahead of me - was swerving all over the road. When hefinally turned off onto a side street I sped up, glad to not have himin front of me any more, when suddenly he swerved back again and struckme. I wound up flying off my bike and landed in the middle of the road(thankfully no cars were coming). He stopped his bike, said 'You okay?'then took off before I could even respond. It was a driver of a car whofinally stopped and helped me...I wound up with severe bruising andseparated pelvic bones.

Some people tend to panic in times of crisis, unfortunately, especiallyif they realize that they were the ones to cause the accident, and evenmoreso if they were drinking. Thank goodness for the good samaritanswho are there to help when this happens....

I'll be keeping your sister in my prayers, Lalena...and despite her injuries, thankfully it didn't turn out to be worse...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I tried to call and check on her this morning but my mom is runningaround the house getting things better for my sis (ie: making surethings are off the floor, dusting, vaccuming, etc). She's on a lot ofmeds that should take her to her 'happy place' as I told her. She wason Morphine in the hospital and now ison Tylenol w/ Codine.But, she didn't want to eat yesterday,which is bad whenyou're on such strong meds. She finally managed to eatsometomato soup. Now,my sis is propped up in a bed w/ a zip uphoody, as she doesn't want to see her face if she goes by a mirror.

I knew she was going to feel that way, that's why before she came homeyesterday, I had removed all the wall mirrors around the house thatcould be taken down. I feel bad too because she's an aspiringactress/singer (seriously, she's done a lot of plays and the like) andI know her face means so much to that industry. We're tryingto make her avoid looking at herself until after her surgery and thenmaybe get her some counseling. I mean, your face is youridentity in a sense. My poor baby sister.:sigh

But I'm hopeful that her face doctor will help a lot. He specializes insports injuries and he's actually worked some movie stars before. He'svery qualified and said that she should only have minimal scarring.

Bassetluv, sorry to hear about your ex-sister-in-law. How awful.

And yes, naturestee, karma will hopefully work it'sway on these people. The one good thing in this is my sis's boyfriend'sfather works for the police in that same county and he's working on thecase.

As for me, I didn't sleep too well last night because I was so worriedabout her still. So now I've officially had 6 hours of sleep in thelast 3 days. I felt so bad yesterday too because whenmyhusband and Iwent to see her in the hospital, I almost passedout when I saw her (they can't bandage her face up).:thud: I was sosurprised because I'm only usually like that w/ shots or getting my ownblood drawn, but I went to a corner where she couldn't see me and Ialmost fell over. I felt so bad but I couldn't help it.:embarrassed:

Thank all again for your prayers! She seems in goodspirits despite what has happened, so I think they're working. Love toall of you:hug2:

What horrible way to start out 2007...I didn'trealize at first that you had said that she had broken her cheekboneand other bones in her face..that is very hard to take especially ifshe wants to go into acting. There really is a lot of new methods toreconstruct her face as I watch this stuff on tv but usually it takes alot of surgery.
Bassettluv..what kind of a fool leaves a person on a bicyclelying in the street with broken bones :shock:That is reallysomething

Ialena ..the wedding reception story is really just like someone's worst nightmare....tragic to say the least

Update!

I just talked to my sis on the phone. She sounds better already!:happydanceShe said her face still hurts (obviously) but her meds arehelping. She broke a lot of bones in her sinus cavity, sohaving your head hurt is to be expected. She has her face consultationon Friday and a doc's appointment Monday. Her surgery will be next week(if the doc on friday gives the ok). She wants me to come and visit herthis week to sit w/ her and hang out. :popcorn2

I think my mom's puppy knows that something is wrong. She actually isusually jumpy, but she only sits on the floor by her bed to keep my siscompany. She's a good girl! :)

Also, my mom and dad went to go see her car to get her stuff out of it.The back window was blown out, the drivers side window smashed(obviously) , and the front passenger window was blown in (which wouldaccount for the cuts on her hand). The windshield was cracked.Apparently, they had to cut out the driver door to get my sis out andit was laying in the back seat when my parents went to pick it up. Theguy who picked up the car said she's very lucky; if she hadn't beendriving an older, sturdier car like she was, she would have been dead.

My mom also got the bill....oh man. You don't want to know what 7 hours in the ER costs you.

And her boyfriend promised her that once she gets all better, he'sgoing to take her to Disney World on a vacation. :inlove: I'mgoing to get her the Golden Tee TV game edition, as she loves the gameand can play it from her bed. :hug1

Thank you all again for the continuing prayers! Andmaherwoman, I'll give her that hug from all of you when I see her next!I might have to just hug her legs, as her ribs are broken, but I'llcertaintly give her one :sunshine:

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that she's doingbetter! And it sounds like her spirits are certainly up fromthe last time you updated, too! Wonderful! She'lldo much better than they even thought if she keeps those spiritsup. They do a lot for healing the body after such a traumaticexperience.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone's being so supportive and loving, andthat she's got a good puppy at her side, too. Puppies aresuch good support, aren't they?

Thanks for giving her that hug (though it has to be to her legs, poorthing!)...I"m sure she'll love knowing she's got soooo many people herethat are thinking about and praying for her! :D

Love to you guys!

Rosie*

I'm glad that she's doing better..she's lucky tohave a good family who can support her as this will most likely be along road to recovery..did she have health insurance?

angieluv wrote:
I'm glad that she's doing better..she's lucky to have a goodfamily who can support her as this will most likely be a long road torecovery..did she have health insurance?
Yeah, she's very lucky. No she didn't have health insurance. And shecan't do Medicaid either. For some reason, if you're over 19 the onlyway you can get Medicaid is if you have a child! :XShe paysher own bills, pays rent to my folks, pays for her car (well paid) anddoesn't make a ton of money at all per year, yet she still can't do it!They had bodily injury on their car insurance, but it won't covereverything. My mom talked to the financial person at the hospital andapparently if youwrite to them, you can see if they put youon a plan and may help to cover a large percentage of the cost (sincemy sis is considered low income). But, either way, it's worth everypenny to have her better and have her face fixed. :)

And yes, maherwoman, puppies are wonderful! She's really helping my sisout too! My sis's bunny is also being way more snuggly than his usual,crazy self. I definintely think animals can sense these kind of things.And on a lighter note, here's a photo of their pup, and mysis'srecoup buddy,Tasha:
tahsa.jpg

Aww...what a cutie! I just love those cute blue eyes! :D

Wow...I hope writing the hospital like you said works out.That's rough...to have the financial things on top of it all...

I really do think animals perceive a lot more than most people givethem credit for (kinda like the general population's view of kids, too,I've found). Our boy kitty, Hobbes, comes over and absolutelywon't leave me alone until I pet him if I'm crying. It'sadorable, and so so sweet. Also, when I'm in any pain of anysort, our girl, Sunny, will come over and lay with me.Animals are very sweet, and when you treat them right, and respect themlike they should be, they really do repay the kindness!

I love that my babies come to my aid like they do...it really shows methe love that permeates my household. (And given how yourguys' animals are reacting to your sister, I would say that lovepermeates yours, too! :))

That's great news about your sister, lalena! Ihope she will be able to have the surgery soon, and may she recoverfrom all of this fully with as little discomfort as possible. Soundslike she has a very loving and supportive family, and that can make aworld of difference. (And with such an adorable puppy by her side -with those striking blue eyes - she should be smiling again in no time!)

Tell your sister she has a ton of angel and bunny prayers going out to her....

:angelandbunny:

Ugh just reading this. Major hugs and prayers. Iwas hit by a car and had to do some of those surgeries. Not fun. Tellher the surgeries can be rough at start but that it does get better.

Latest posts

Back