Snuggle pee pee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gayle Helfand

Reaction score
i was having an epic cuddle session with Winston (intact 4 mo old male) and after moving a bit to get comfortable again, he full bladder peed on me. I got scared and screamed, because, well, pee. I threw the blanket off of him and I and he peed again on me.

Dave put him back in his pen and cleaned up the couch while I ran around stripping off wet clothes and freaking out... great visual, right?

I know I was dramatic and over reacted but I am good at that, the real question is what happened? Is this going to get worse? What do I do? I wasn’t planning on neutering him due to quotes being $400-$600 in my location. The rescue he’s from doesn’t sterilize either. It’s not off the table, but it didn’t seem like marking his territory. Was he just too cozy?

Help!

GG

Maybe he was just holding it too long and had an accident..?[emoji848]

Territory marking, in my experience, is when they do this little butt twerk and pee flings on everything like a sprinkler.

My girl bun peed on me on her first car ride home. For her I think it was a combination of scared and holding it in too long cause the car ride was about 2 and a half hours and she was only about 4 weeks old.

Great - he likes you. In my experience, bucks don't care much about territories.

That's what some intact males tend to do to does they court :D.
When a doe refused breeding I just put her with the buck for a few days, more often than not she changed colour during that time.

Now I'm bonding a recently spayed girl with my buck, and he does try to spray her every second day, thank god he mostly get's that urge when they are outdoors. He's 3 or 4 now, was much worse when he was younger - even without a doe there was pee dripping off the ceiling of his hutch....
Being 4 months, well, puberty hits hard, I'm pretty sure that behaviour will not be standard. My intact buck is my perfectly housebroken indoor bunny now.

About what to do..., well, I would look out for his tail rising or quivering, and seek cover fast, or spoil the mood. :)

400-600$ WOW! Vet's aren't really cheap here either, but for spaying that girl I just paid 120€, and they did a good job.

Last edited:
Now he just keeps peeing on the couch on two other instances. I’m at a loss of what to do!

H
E
L
P

I don’t know how peeing on my couch is love?! It’s becoming problematic to the 10th degreee

My bunny pees on my bed if I don’t pet her, or she wants me to go to bed (so she can get her bedtime treat) or literally any time she doesn’t get her own way. I’ve had to just ban her from the bed now, sad as that is - I do miss bed cuddles but don’t miss changing my sheets constantly.

Even though it is costly, I do believe neutering will help.
My new bunny Destiny loves to jump on the bed. I keep waterproof adult pads on my bed with a towel over it on the area she stays on. Thank God no accident but I am prepared.
I have had some of my male bunnies that I bunny sit for on my bed for petting sessions and have been been peed on twice. Very yucky but I probably had them up there for too long.
After an hour of so, place your bunny back in their litter box and see if that helps

I’m having my boy friend and roommate spend time with him, holding him, feeding him, loving him, and keeping him off the couch. Today was a success. There are other animals in the house and I’m the mommy ☺️

I have the same sort of problem. It's every time my mother picks him up he wees, but he doesn't do it with anyone else. We are planning on giving him the snip, but am debating as it might change his adorable little personality. Has anyone got any ideas?

I’m having my boy friend and roommate spend time with him, holding him, feeding him, loving him, and keeping him off the couch. Today was a success. There are other animals in the house and I’m the mommy ☺️

I'm so sorry but I am absolutely in fits about this because my Quinn used to do the same thing and looking back on it the panic is relatable and hilarious. We kept her off the bed/couch from about 4-8 months and really focused on litter box assertion during that time. She was trained, she just would get excited being out and about and forget to go to the box in the living room, I think. Since bunny personalities can shift a lot during that time period while they mature, it's important to reinforce good habits going into adulthood.

After all that, she was a very good girl, and three months later, getting her spayed did not alter this behavior in any way. She's a wonderful cuddle partner and no longer pees on any furniture.

He might have just been holding it in too long. I know my neutered bun (biscuit) peed on my bed the other day because he held it for a while but there is a possibility it couldve been territorial

Hi, I would say he just loves you and marks you, happened to me too many times with boys mostly but a couple weeks ago one of my girls did that after grooming session and she also left a pile of smelling poos on me so i had to change clothes immediately. She loves me too much I know that and it was a moment of love, she usually just digs me a lot but it was only once she peed all over me. She never pooped on me even she loves staying on my lap for hours, I am pretty sure they can hold it quite long time. This time she peed all over me and left a pile of smelly poos.
About a year ago I've got one rescued rabbit it was second day I brushed him and cleaned him and he also peed a lot on me just as you said full bladder, I also thought he's just too old to hold it, but it was it, he just liked me, he stopped doing it but I am also careful with him and looking for signs. My other young rabbit did that every time after/during weekly grooming, he left piles of poos on me and sprayed a little all over me. Currently my new adopted rabbit starting digging me too much and I think he's going to do that to me soon too. He is 2 year old and very laid back also maybe wasn't handled much but when I got him about 6 weeks ago he was very sick and I spent much time with hm massaging etc, he loved that and now he's doing great but he wants to be held and wants more attention, I brush him or just massage and he's coming licking my clothes and bites me a little maybe I should get him a fixed friend as well.

So I believe neutering should help, I agree it's very expensive unfortunately I couldn't help with that. I have a few rabbits myself waiting for me to save for their surgeries.

Latest posts

Back