snuffles or something else?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Toste my bunny have always had problem with a runny noise. It comes different periods and when he start to get symptoms it will go away after 2-3 days. He always get a clear mucus like water, only once his inner front paws got dirty because of mucus. All the other times it have only been a little dirty noise. He never got trouble breathing but the period he get a little wet noise he will sneeze.

I talk with a rabbit savy vet today, she said he might have chronic snuffles. After hearing what I told her about his wet noise problem.

What do it mean with chronic snuffles?

Well, chronic means ‘persistant or long lasting’ and sniffles is an upper respiratory disease. So I’m guessing that because Toste has had it for a long time, and wet clear mucus from the nose is a symptom of snuffles. It could also be allergies though.

Sorry, this took me a while to work out 😅

Well, chronic means ‘persistant or long lasting’ and sniffles is an upper respiratory disease. So I’m guessing that because Toste has had it for a long time, and wet clear mucus from the nose is a symptom of snuffles. It could also be allergies though.

Sorry, this took me a while to work out 😅

Yeah I have my thoughts that it might be something chronic. Because when the vet looked at him everything was good and no runny noise. But today he have runny noise again.

I know he got a bit stressed and was quite unhappy after the vet visit. He also started to overheat in the car because he still have thick winter fur and the car was +20 C, so he was really mad at me. He had a stressful day yesterday.

I’m not that super worry when he get wet noise because it have never troubled him and it go away after a few days.

Latest posts

Back