Snowy Saturday,,,drifts into Sunday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
This week has been one big mess aroung here!

Tuesday an ice storm hit and yesterday everyone finally was set back up on electric. Yesterday was also the start of the new winter storm or shall I say, 'Blizzard'. Schools started out the day stating they were going to dismissal 2 hours early. But before those 2 hours, the sheriff announced we were on a Level 2 snow emergancy. With that said the schools left out 30 mins earlier then their early dismissal. About 4 pm we were put on a Level 3 emergancy and still we remain. I have no idea how much snow we have out there because it's all drifted. Some parts I can see the grass while other parts, while the 2 foot cement wall across the street can't be seen.

This week we have been on some kind of level emergancy from Tuesday to well, now. A lot of people took photos of Tuesday's storm from around here and put them on our local television station. Gonna see what I can gather up to show y'all. Very pretty but nasty! LOL!

Hope everyone else put in this storms way are safely resting in their house. :)

Amanda

Don't forget, Daylight Saving Time starts March 9th at 2 a.m.

Set those clocks up an hour before calling it a night! :D

We're getting the same thing...only in the form of rain.

At least we won't have to shovel....however we are on Flood Watch.
It's supposed to getting worse later with wind and thunderboomers, too.

We've got a break right now and it's just light rain.
I'm going to run out and pick up a few things and then just hunker down for the remainder of the day.

Stay safe!!

Posted photos of our current situation in the 'It's windy...." thread on the off topic board.

It's awful here. Everything we had planned for this weekend has been canceled - Cub Scout Winterfest, Indoor Soccer, Sunday rabbit show . . .

Both my kids still went to work despite the horrible road conditions (4x4 rocks)- apparently people are ignoring the warnings and still venturing out to tan and to have their bikes repaired. :?

Pam

Here's Matthew's popcorn sculpture that he had made to enter in the Winterfest contest . . .

S5033333.JPG

Awww, that's cute!

Winterfest contest cancelled because of winter weather..... :p

Can't say I'm upset that Ohio cancelled both of their rabbit shows for the weekend. Yes, the judges pockets will be a tad bit bare but everyone will be home, hopfully safe.

After this week, I'm ready to see spring more then anyone! LOL!

Ahh Pam, was about to post elsewhere that you might be willing to do the 'dance' with Ken in a set of adult footed pajamas. But luckily, the thought of Kevin breakdancing would be absolutely hysterical so it saved you. ;)

I don't want to have anything to do with Ken's dance - it back-fired and we were hit with a blizzard!

Pam :bunnybutt:

Would you believe we also had a thunderstorm this morning????????????

Back-fired this weekend, buta dance worked for last weekend. ;)

Ohhh no.... watch out! "It's the day after tommorrow!"

It's just windy here.....REALLY WINDY !!!!!

I went to pick up Woody Pet and my car was getting blown from lane to lane.
Even after loading it with 500 lbs of Woody Pet it was still getting blown around!

The scarf is what makes it complete!!!
.....Gives it character :biggrin2:

attachment.php

pam we had a thunder and lightning storm when the freezing rain and snow came in last week! it was crazy!

I love the popcorn guy! Tell him he did a SPECTACULAR job!

I hear PA got hit really hard. Stay warm and safe!

oh and DA - You know I sent my weather to you right? :biggrin2:

You did? We had all that you mentioned besides the thunder storms. When I get a few moments, I promise I'll share our ice storm photos. Trees that split, ice on the powerlines... all that pretty stuff!

Sorry, but ...

Spring is in the air!!!

:jumpforjoy:

The cherry blossoms are coming out on the trees on my street, the crocusses and other bulb-types are flowering all over the place, and it's sunny and warm. :)

sas :raspberry:

I'm about 40 miles north of Philly, and we were hit real hard with thunderstorms and downpours yesterday. Someone told me that a minor tornado touched down in Jersey, near Princeton I think.

Although now its sunny and fairly clear. I always love the Sunday when we "spring forward" because it stays darker until later. But I hate getting up the next morning!

Pipp wrote:
Spring is in the air!!! sas :raspberry:

Spring like here too. But you never know, we could get a dump anytime right up to the May long weekend. That is the favorite saying here, never plant your flowers until the May long weekend.

Our neighbours son is stranded in Montreal, with all the flight cancellations.

Latest posts

Back